BE - day tickets??

MagicMelon

Visit site
I used to be a full BE member for years but bought a day ticket last year and am just trying to enter an event now. I've bought a "day pass membership" (£10) and one for my horse (£16). I assumed this would be it but its saying Im not a member when I try to validate my online event entry... please say I dont now have to buy a "rider day pass" at ANOTHER £16?! Day passes used to just be about £25 in total for us both, surely its not now £42 before I've even entered the event?!

Chumsmum

Visit site
Not sure what height you are doing, hope this helps, part of an email I received from BE when trying to work out how to enter a BE80T on a day ticket:

'In order to compete at BE events you need either a Full membership or a Day Pass membership. If you choose the Day Pass membership you will also require a Training Pass (if competing at BE80 level) or a Rider and Horse Day Pass if competing at BE90 and above for each event you enter. The memberships are just a one off payment and are valid for the year.

Therefore you will need a Day Pass membership at £10 and then a Training Pass at £10 to compete in a BE 80, thereafter you will just purchase training passes and these are unlimited'

MagicMelon

Visit site
Right... so its BE90 I'm trying to enter. It first said I couldnt get a horse day ticket as I wasnt a member so I paid £10 for the day pass membership (which I assumed was me) and then I bought a horse day pass. I figured that was it. Do I have to buy a "rider day pass" as well??

AandK

Visit site
Right... so its BE90 I'm trying to enter. It first said I couldnt get a horse day ticket as I wasnt a member so I paid £10 for the day pass membership (which I assumed was me) and then I bought a horse day pass. I figured that was it. Do I have to buy a "rider day pass" as well??

Yes you do need a rider day pass as well if you are not a full member. Day pass membership allows you to buy day or training passes for 12 months.

"How much does a Day Pass cost?

The cost of each pass is £16 and you need to purchase one for both horse and rider if neither of the combination are either full members or have a season ticket. If you buy a horse pass and a rider pass together you will pay £25 instead of £32 but only if you purchase them online and in the same transaction."

All info is on BE website:
http://www.britisheventing.com/asp-...le=Day+Pass+Information+for+Horses+and+Riders

MagicMelon

Visit site
Great thank you - all sorted now. So expensive - £35 in total in day passes (and membership), £60 for the event and £13 to be entered as a BRC qualifier (our qualifiers are being held alongside the BE). Best not tell the OH...