BE Hutton (2) report BE100

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
Hi All

I just wanted to write a quick report. Took J to Hutton on Saturday for the BE100, as our times were 1pm, 4pm and 4.30pm it wasn't such an early start for me!

OH decided to come along too, but he spent the journey listening to his audiobook :rolleyes:

Bathed, plaited and loaded to be on the road for 9am. arrived at 11.30 as we stopped for fuel. Well laid out venue, lorry park in between the dressage and jumping.

Did dressage first, BE102 test. pleased as we got 33.5 which is our best yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmSTuRdXAno&feature=share&list=UU2JU33LQR6ePl1Tl6mJ2o6g

Still lots to work on - walk transitions :rolleyes: and canter in general.

Showjumping was good, ground a bit sticky. had loads of time between sections so I gave him a feed. As it was hot he drank alot too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuOs882NY4E&feature=share&list=ULHuOs882NY4E

One down SJ, really need to break this 4 faultitis-at-events problem!!

Onto XC, he was brilliant. I tried for the time more than normal, we still picked up 5 time penalties but better than 12 which is what we usually get and I felt he was fitter this time. there were a few good fences, the corner, skinny out of the water and a box brush fence - it was large - and typically the one fence we stood off a mile from! :eek:

Anyway, he never backed off or looked at a thing!

Pro photos to follow once I've bought them!

Here are hubbys pics:

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

Need some new jods after seeing this pic. They look a bit baggy!!
IMG_3668.jpg

Javabb94

Visit site
Great pics :D

I saw you on the motorway past junction 44 on your way down :)
I was off to sort out saddles so never managed to get down to watch Hutton at all :(

Well done :)

smurf

Visit site
You prob don't want to know this but on Sunday the planks were still number 4 but were on a level 5 strides from the oxer at 3 so jumped really well. But your oxer at 5 was a double as well as the last.

Bit mean having the planks running down the hill and on a camber

Sunset1

Visit site
Great pics!!! You obviously had a really good run! As others have said the sj was tough. When I was fjing on Sun the xc was causing it's fair share of problems too, so well done. Think I may also have spotted your lorry on Sat, orange is quite distinctive :)

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
hoping to get into Aske. I have noticed they have closed both the 100 on sat and sun but the entries for sat are only to 50 and the sunday has around 180 so i might be balloted out as I didn't have a sticker to use.

Hope to get in though, have booked stabling and heading down Sat night. That will be the last of the year for me.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
hoping to get into Aske. I have noticed they have closed both the 100 on sat and sun but the entries for sat are only to 50 and the sunday has around 180 so i might be balloted out as I didn't have a sticker to use.

Hope to get in though, have booked stabling and heading down Sat night. That will be the last of the year for me.

You won't be balloted out as they weren't anything like full at ballot date - so you are definitely in! :D

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
DHB thats good news!

Measles - happy for OH to listen to audiobooks tbh, he is becoming a very good groom! he has even been taught to give a leg up and will collect my number from the sec!

Pic of my superstar - have permission to use this pic!

CAZ18X8email.jpg