BE membership card/car pass????????

punk

Visit site
Maybe I am just being stupid but......

My daughter and I are both members of BE

I received the new rule book the other day - with a letter to say that a NEW Membership card would be sent when I renew my membership. This will be my entry card / card pass etc.

My membership is due in February, by direct debit - so, in time for the beginning of the event season.

HOWEVER, my daughter's is not due until August - so ....

If she was the only BE member in the family - does this mean that we would not have a car pass until August????
confused.gif

Can't believe they have got this wrong, so must just be being stupid I suppose!!! Anyone able to clarify???
blush.gif

worMy

www.katherinebegley.com
well i got my BE rule book and membership card for 2010 before i renewed my membership which was due to be renewed by 1st march.
have renewed it since it came though, but no idea why it was all sent!!!!!!
for all they knew, i might have not been doing BE this year and not re-registered but still have a membership card and thus car pass. LOL

punk

Visit site
how strange - why would they not send me one - especially as I pay by direct debit!!!??
mad.gif

Will wait and see if there are others like me on HHO before I e-mail BE to ask the question!!!

Thanks for your response Wormy!
grin.gif

tinkerbell88

Visit site
I got my rule book and membership card this week even though I don't need to renew my membership until July. They must have made a mistake with yours.

worMy my membership card has date of expiry on it, probably to prevent the problem you highlighted-unfortunately!

Sarah_Star

Visit site
I just renewed my membership, and they sent me a rule book but no sign of a membership card either! Don't know what that's all about, but you're not alone.

SpottedCat

Visit site
I got rule book and membership card last week, along with an email reminding me my membership had nearly run out and it was time to renew - err, no, actually I think that when still in January, March can be considered a suitably long time into the future, and I'll keep my cash for now, thanks all the same. Not sure why BE should earn interest on it!

All a moot point since I have no intention of rejoining at the moment, and probably won't until May at the earliest - doesn't seem an awful lot of point in paying BE £200 to allow me to spend £70 odd to go round PN when I can go round the same courses, run by the same people, for half the cost and twice the potential prize money, without registering with anyone....

SpottedCat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
When you put it like that SC...!! You pay to join, pay to compete, seldom any prize money, I actually don't know why you guys do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dressage is too sedate and SJ is too boring (in terms of the hanging about!)
wink.gif

I thought about it long and hard, and I just can't see what the advantage to me of joining BE is until we're ready to go out at Novice and above again. I may as well spend the saved money on training to get us to the point of going N again, no?

I already have my first 3 events planned, all of which are round BE courses, all run by the same people who run the BE events, so two in March and one in April. I'm helping at one of the BE events too, so can check out the course in advance of the unaff one. I then get married and go on honeymoon, so wouldn't be able to do a second event in April anyway, so why not just hold off and save the money?

SpottedCat

Visit site
Oh, and before anyone mentions the standard of competition - at the last unaff ODE I did at one of these venues, the majority of the horses in my section had handfuls of BE points, there were a load of advanced horses doing the PN, and the place was teeming with pros on youngsters and the WPs of pros on schoolmasters, so I actually think the standard is higher than in a bog-standard PN section...

MagicMelon

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
well i got my BE rule book and membership card for 2010 before i renewed my membership which was due to be renewed by 1st march.

for all they knew, i might have not been doing BE this year and not re-registered but still have a membership card and thus car pass. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I've always had this happen though, I assumed it was because my membership ran into the next year therefore I had to get that years membership card still?

SpottedCat - You're very lucky to have unaffiliated run over BE courses in your area. We don't have any - all unaffiliated / RC is run over non-BE ones so the standard varies considerably. Plus we never get any prize money! If I had what you have then I probably wouldn't join BE either! Its so expensive
frown.gif