BE Membership - Please help!

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Joining BE for the first time, what membership do I select (want to register myself & mare)?! Just reading through this - https://www.britisheventing.com/asp-net/page.aspx?section=636&itemTitle=Membership
Isn't "Owner Membership" for the owners of the horses/ ponies (if different from the rider), not the horse's actual rider, or am I just really confused?

Also, I'm currently completing this form, https://www.britisheventing.com/asp-net/UserDetails/NewUserRegistration.aspx?section=169 do I have to pay now, or what exactly is this for?

Sorry for absolutely silly questions, and thank you if you answer! :)

Jamesy123

Visit site
Hiya! You need full membership for you... (owner is for if you are riding a horse owned by someone else)... there is day tockets to but dont know about them! For your horse you need to register him by filling in the form and sending copies of its passport back to BE and then once it's been accepted you can buy that horse a season ticket under your name..... then your ready to go! Hope that makes some sort of sense x

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Hiya! You need full membership for you... (owner is for if you are riding a horse owned by someone else)... there is day tockets to but dont know about them! For your horse you need to register him by filling in the form and sending copies of its passport back to BE and then once it's been accepted you can buy that horse a season ticket under your name..... then your ready to go! Hope that makes some sort of sense x

Thank you, very helpful! So full membership for me (I also own my mare), and then register my mare, send copies to BE of her passport, and then (hopefully!) be accepted? One more question (sorry!) written on her passport (registered NF), is her 'REG' number, is that her passport number? Can't seem to remember right now.

Last edited:

Jamesy123

Visit site
Yep that's it :) as I say you can do day tickets but don't know how they work...

Ermmmm.... I think the passport number is the long one with numbers and letters and then the reg number is the specific number assigned from the society to identify your horse.

One more thing once your all registered with BE sign in online and double check (before you try and book an event) that your horses season ticket and your membership is OK as last year mine didn't update online which sent me into mass panic when trying to book Oasby!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Yes, I did know what you meant. :) I know the feeling (typing fast and it doesn't go quite to plan) and I always notice just after the 15 minutes editing window is up. *sigh*

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Yep that's it :) as I say you can do day tickets but don't know how they work...

Ermmmm.... I think the passport number is the long one with numbers and letters and then the reg number is the specific number assigned from the society to identify your horse.

One more thing once your all registered with BE sign in online and double check (before you try and book an event) that your horses season ticket and your membership is OK as last year mine didn't update online which sent me into mass panic when trying to book Oasby!

Ah, thank you so much. So it would be the UELN then?

Thank you again! :)

Tern

Visit site
Horses have unlimited day tickets. Riders can only have 4 or 5 (can't remember now) day tickets a season.

Otherwise what everyone else says is correct - they don't make it super clear on the website! :) (Or i'm just a bit stoopid)