BE New for 2008

BBs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

The BE Sport Committee have had a completely fresh look and done a detailed study of when and where classes from CCI**** down to and including Intermediate are currently scheduled. Novice, Pre Novice and Intro classes will be studied in a similar way on a regional basis.

Supply and demand have been examined in each part of the UK for each month in the year. With the help of ERA (UK), a representative from the BEOA and the Performance Manager (Yogi Breisner) an ‘ideal world scenario’ has been developed. Clearly if the optimum type and number of classes for competitors at each level is scheduled throughout the country in the appropriate months then both competitors and organisers alike will benefit from sufficient full classes.

On the 15th December 2006, Mike Etherington Smith’s new Sport Committee consisting of Yogi Breisner, the 4 Regional Directors, Nick Gauntlett, and Stuart Buntine (Nick Burd was unable to attend) were joined by Peter Durrant (CEO), Alex Fox (Board member) and Diana Bown (Chairman of the BEOA and Board member). The Committee examined the study of the existing calendar in depth and recommended that to create an ‘ideal world scenario’ the following was needed :

- An additional CIC*** in the spring of 2008
- An additional CIC** in the North or Midlands towards the end of the 2008 season.
- An additional advanced class in September/ October 2008
- Sufficient Intermediate classes are scheduled. However, there are some Regional issues that need to be addressed for 2008.
- A 7yo class added to the Breeding Championship by 2009
- There will be a final trial for those wishing to compete at Le Lion in 2007 to avoid the problems experienced in 2006

During the next few months, Regional Directors will be discussing these additions with organisers to try to match the demands of competitors with the wishes and needs of the organisers to provide the best possible scenario for the British Eventing membership including preparing our future stars for London 2012.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting reading, and thank god someone has sat down and decided that something needed to be done!
Nice to see a 7 year old championship being arranged also.

rdc1000

Visit site
Well lets hope that, in order to maximise how many runs people can achieve, BE review the soil/ground types that each event runs over because it is all very well having enough events and classes, but if they're regularly cancelled because of the going (or riders decide not to run because of the going) then they are reducing the number of possible runs anyway.

eventergirl87

Visit site
add suffolk and norfolk to that! .......

I live in suffolk ........ min 1hr 10 to event ....... more on the 2hr mark for me

Whereas over in glous wilts etc.... there is a multitude of events

MissDeMeena

Visit site
not really rel. to this post.. but i noticed a note* in 'Eventing' mag saying that Gatcombe was to run Britains FIRST CIC* this year.. well that's not true, Lulworth used to run one!

MissDeMeena

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
about time too. Anyone seen the map of events in 'Eventing'. There is a huge black hole right across Herts, Essex, Beds and Cambs.

[/ QUOTE ]

spare a thought for Cornwall, as there's nothing there!! BUT there's a venue and a group of people willing to run a BE event, but they're having problems with BE themselfs (can't really comment, as i don't know the whole story)

Thistle

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
about time too. Anyone seen the map of events in 'Eventing'. There is a huge black hole right across Herts, Essex, Beds and Cambs.

[/ QUOTE ]

spare a thought for Cornwall, as there's nothing there!! BUT there's a venue and a group of people willing to run a BE event, but they're having problems with BE themselfs (can't really comment, as i don't know the whole story)

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no BE in Hertfordshire either!

Neither Graveley or Markyate run anymore. Shuttleworth was the nearest but that was cancelled too.

mrussell

Visit site
Im in Suffolk too - personally I dont mind only having 1 event a month in our area as thats about all we can afford! Weve got Ely, Poplar, Iselham, Burnham, Witchingham and Keysoe that are all within striking distance (within 3 hours travel).

Weve even made it as far as Tweseldown... Imagine being in Scotland ! now they DO have it bad...

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
suppose suffolk isnt too bad, where i am everything is hours away anyway so you get used to it
grin.gif