BE Novice Schooling

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
Just wandering where is a good place for schooling over some big, technical, scary BE novice fences? i want to get barney over a course that is quite challenging in preparation for our first PC open event and ht ened of June. I want it to be difficult so that when i do this open we wont be so suprised. So anywhere in Gloucestershire/Oxfordshire area with big BE novice- or above course where i can school would be great.. thank you
grin.gif

hrhmika

Visit site
i dont no that schooling over big wopping great fences is the best idea, I am preparing my boy for the open qualifiers, train over large show jumps at home to get a feel of the size and simulate some XC fences at home, you dont want to nock your confidence but have some reall posotive trianing, that what i have done with my other boy, we trained over simulated 1.10/1.15 m fences at home that knock down if i get it wrong and train over a variety of smaller XC fences when XC schooling, training in the school will ensure you know how to ride the large fences no matter what is in front of you, training over a variety of proper XC fences will ensure you have seen a variety! Hope that helps, its what i have used and it works really well - ultimately a more confident and fun expereince for horse and rider. The techniclal and big element you can smulate in the school at home, set up some angles and make them more acute as you get more confident! you can make corners with barrels offset fences, and if you get it wrong as we all do training they knock down!

ColouredFan

Visit site
Stockland lovell has a good variety of fences. I would advise taking your trainer/instructor with you to ensure that you are boosting the horses confidence. I wouldnt fancy jumping Novice fences out of cold blood! I generally school around easier fences to boost confidence before an event, just practicing water and ditches etc.

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
yeah, im going to get my instructor to come with me, so she can help me out if need be etc.
i dont want to knock his confidence by going and jumping these fences, i just think to go straight to an event having not jumped a course this big- have trained would knock his confidence so i want him to feel confident enough to a) trust me when i ask for a certain stride and b) get me and him out of trouble if need be and not just stop... will ahve a look at both those places.. thank you
smile.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Perds our XC is open now and we have some nice meaty fences that are prob a good starter and very close to home, otherwise Crown Farm or Boomarang?

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
ooo is it??
grin.gif
i will text M then! cool.... what height do they go up to?
Crown Farm ive been round too many times. i could blind fold me and barney and wed still get round clear!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
I am going to Upper Sapey on Tuesday, dunno if thats too far for you? They have a BE novice course and lots of new jumps this year
smile.gif