BE Points question

vallin

Visit site
So having never competed affiliated (barely competed unaff!) I just wanted to check something as I am hoping to do BE(80)T this year. Am I correct in think that because my mare was imported from France she will automatically have points? if so how many and what will this exclude us from doing?
Thanks!
V

TableDancer

Visit site
No, BD and BSJA allocate arbitrary points/winnings to imported horses which you have to apply to get removed but BE don't do this (yet
wink.gif
)

stroppymare153

Visit site
In the past (recentish past
wink.gif
) I thought they classified imported horses as grade1 - so registration cost an arm and a leg. When we first registered Barry (KWPN) we had to get proof (well, emails) from the Dutch equivalent of BEF or something to say he had no competition record.

Don't know whether this has changed though.
crazy.gif

eta- once we had the email, there was no problem registering him as grade 4.

popsdosh

Visit site
This is straight from the BE rule book

1.33 Horses registered outside the UK and imported by members of BE will beclassified
as Grade 1 unless accompanied by a certificate from the Registration
Authority of the country of origin. When BE registered horses have competed
outside the UK, their results must be declared to BE. In either case the Sport
Director will determine, at his discretion, the appropriate grading.
So basically they will be classified grade 1 (ie 61 points or more) however they have discression to set a lower grading.

I know from previous cases if the horse was imported as a youngster (up to 4yo) they allow them to start with no points it is older imports that may have competed they are concerned about.If your horse falls into this category do you know if it has evented in france I may be able to check its record for you, if you wish PM me as I have a couple of friends who event in France.

stroppymare153

Visit site
with all this talk of downgrading (which I haven't paid much attention to ) you may still be OK if it's been a few years. Have a really good look through the rule book - should all be there, though probably in 15 different places and impenetrable language!!
wink.gif
laugh.gif

good luck!!

eta I type too slowly.....
frown.gif
blush.gif

TableDancer

Visit site
All I know is I have registered 3 imported horses with BE and none were graded Grade 1 on registration. Don't know if they slipped through the net or whether it was because they were all youngsters...

vallin

Visit site
She's 10 nearly 11 and came over when she was 9 so definatly not a youngster, for this season if i manage to compete it will just be on day tickets for both of us, so will that make a difference? Thanks for all your help

OldGit

Visit site
When I got mg he was 6 year old import and would have been classed as grade 1. I phoned up Belgium eventing body who sent me an email confirming what he had done (bugger all), I sent this to be when i registed him and it was all sorted! Not too much effort