BE rule amendments

wallyevent

Visit site
Just browsing BE site and looked at the rule amendments, I'm really glad they have amended PNP so most of the course can be 1.05m.

Was interested to see that they have reduced the number of cumulative refusals you can have on the xc to 3 for N and above and 4 for PN and below. Was wondring why they have made that difference in the levels? Any thoughts?

ajf

Visit site
It use to be 4 for all levels or am i imagining things again. Don't know why they changing it, never seen any probs with it.
But prob more for littler stuff as that should be baby horses maybe.

SpottedCat

Visit site
It was 4 for all, they've changed it to be in line with FEI at the levels where you can do FEI comps I think. There was a mention of it at the SW meeting LEC posted about.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Spotted Cat is correct its to bring it in line with FEI rules.

I also posted a while ago on the changes in PNP as BE sent me an email stating that the heights were incorrect in the rulebook.

wallyevent

Visit site
Ah I see, didn't catch the previous posts, I'm a bit slow on the uptake sometimes!
laugh.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting...wasn't too long ago that it was 5 cumulative refusals. Suspect we will see a lot more eliminations from now on.

[/ QUOTE ]

And too right! I think this rule has been a long time coming, and hopefully will help prevent accidents caused by fatigued horses, horses that aren't that keen, low level injuries and riders pushing on when they should retire. Anyone competing at N and above should be capable of getting round without having more than 2 refusals, even if they have an off day where that doesn't quite happen.