BE Waitlist Question

Quadro

Visit site
Morning all,
I had entered hutton90 as my first 90 oddly looking forward to it!Found out last night im on the waitlist which im pretty gutted about and didnt think the numbers looked that big.
How do you know how high up the waitlist etc you are (its in alphapectical order and im 9th) and anyone know roughly my chances of getting in? (i really really want to!)
Thanks
Q

VRIN

Visit site
Try emailing the entries secretary - she is really helpful and may be able to give you an indication of if you may get in.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Saw you were on the waitlist :( Which is partly why I put a post on here that Hutton had waitlisted.

Like you I am rather confused how they work :confused:

They carried on taking 80 entries well after the ballot date though the 90 and 100 shut fairly promptly from memory I think.

I thought from the rule book lower classes had to ballot first but that can't be right as 80 has not balloted at all so I obviously have misunderstood the balloting rules completely.

Rule 2.07 iv says BE80 and 90 entries sections or even the whole class must be rejected before any higher classes on the same day are balloted. Where Be80, BE90, Be100classes have XC on the same day if any class is be balloted sections must be run in ratio 1BE80:1 BE90:1 BE100: Novice

There are definitely more 80s running on the Saturday so again I don't think I have understood the rules properly.

I think the only way to find where you are on the list would be to politely ask the secretary. I know a friend that did this and was kept updated. Also I am not sure if they will allow entries in on basis 1 90 to 1 100 or if all of one class would get in first?

Hope you do get in it is a lovely event :)

DarkHorseB

Visit site
At the moment the Saturday looks set to run 107 BE80, 90 BE90 and 90 BE100. So the 90 and 100 are in the one to one ratio so I imagine if someone drops out the 90 a 90 gets in if that helps?
It looks like the 80 doesn't have to follow the 1:1 rule - may be worth asking on BE forum.
If it is any consolation looks like nearly all the Balcarres waitlist will get in though not sure how many were on it but know quite a lot more than are left.

popsdosh

Visit site
Unless I have missed something Hutton has not had to ballot! It just closed various sections as the secrectary saw fit after midday on ballot day which is the norm with all events.

so rule 2.07 does not apply it is only used when ballotting takes place and is one of the criteria that has to be followed ballotting.
Obviously you would not be on a waitlist if you had entered before the ballot day.
Re the waitlist there is usually no order, the secretaries take them as they wish!

Quadro

Visit site
popsdosh i definately entered before the ballot date i entered well over 2 weeks ago!
dhb thanks for all that really kind of you even though im still confused;)! I think ill email the sec to see what she says,although in your experiance what do you think my chances of getting in are?
Im all confused and a bit gutted :(
Q

Quadro

Visit site
I have emailed. Im even more confused as i appear to be on both lists? Others on the wait list arnt on the accepted but i am? Does that mean im in?
Thanks all i must appear so simple!
Q

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Unless I have missed something Hutton has not had to ballot! It just closed various sections as the secrectary saw fit after midday on ballot day which is the norm with all events.

so rule 2.07 does not apply it is only used when ballotting takes place and is one of the criteria that has to be followed ballotting.
Obviously you would not be on a waitlist if you had entered before the ballot day.
Re the waitlist there is usually no order, the secretaries take them as they wish!

Ah thanks popsdosh I was confusing balloted and waitlisted however it does seem odd as the 80 continued to stay open and there have been at least 20 entries to that since the 90 and 100 closed and they all got in so some people who entered before the ballot date (like Quadro) have not got in while ones that entered after on classes for the same day did :confused:

DarkHorseB

Visit site
I have emailed. Im even more confused as i appear to be on both lists? Others on the wait list arnt on the accepted but i am? Does that mean im in?
Thanks all i must appear so simple!
Q

I think all the waitlisted entries are on the received entries as well as the waitlisted list - which is the bit I think is confusing. Unless you are seeing a different list I just checked the first on the BE90 list and it is on waitlist and in received entries too?

No I don't think you are simple at all as I can't follow it either!! Let us know what you hear back.

Impossible to say if you will get in - if you are 1st on the waitlist I would say definite if 20th unlikely!

Quadro

Visit site
yes i think your right. It seems to be that the waitlist is in alphabetical order by horse name?
How do i know if i do get in? Will need to keep my lift updated as they are def in.
Dhb think you will just have to keep looking for me to eliminate m simpleness errors;)
Q

popsdosh

Visit site
Ah thanks popsdosh I was confusing balloted and waitlisted however it does seem odd as the 80 continued to stay open and there have been at least 20 entries to that since the 90 and 100 closed and they all got in so some people who entered before the ballot date (like Quadro) have not got in while ones that entered after on classes for the same day did :confused:
I think they have played with the rules here a little as to waitlist entries made before Ballot date they must have technically ballotted.However the rule will cover sections and not numbers in each section.It would not be unusual to keep say a 80 open after you have closed 90 and 100 as you fill sections and not physical numbers.

Quadro

Visit site
DHB you are a fountain of knowledge :D
I have emailed to ask where i am on the waitlist, hopefully she will get back to me although she also probably thinks im simple!
Thanks all for your help though (spesh DHB!)
Q

DarkHorseB

Visit site
DHB you are a fountain of knowledge :D
I have emailed to ask where i am on the waitlist, hopefully she will get back to me although she also probably thinks im simple!
Thanks all for your help though (spesh DHB!)
Q

No I am not Q!! I find it all rather confusing to follow too! Hopefully will get to meet you at the event (will Albert be making an appearance?) when you get in off the waitlist! Though the weather may be our biggest worry if the weather does not improve!!

Quadro

Visit site
No sadly he wont getting a lift with a friend so will be arriving in a very posh lorry that is above Alberts station ;) I like that you say "when" you get off the waitlist gives me hope :D
Im not thinking about the weather although it can rain if i don't get in ;):)
p.s think i saw you at Hexham ? We were judging fence 9 which boringly everyone jumped all day ;)
Q

DarkHorseB

Visit site
No sadly he wont getting a lift with a friend so will be arriving in a very posh lorry that is above Alberts station ;) I like that you say "when" you get off the waitlist gives me hope :D
Im not thinking about the weather although it can rain if i don't get in ;):)
p.s think i saw you at Hexham ? We were judging fence 9 which boringly everyone jumped all day ;)
Q

Now then Q you wouldn't be wanting riders to have problems would you :eek:;) Were you FJ Sunday - if so yes sure you did black horse and fairly matchy matchy colours? He was a good boy :)

Quadro

Visit site
Well it spices it up a bit! Had no stops from 9.30-1830 all day!!! Was at fence 9 in an orange 4x4, everyone jumped the fence really well but do remember a black horse in the 100 as black eventers are the best :D!
Q