BE withdrawls

painted ponies

Visit site
Quick question about withdrawls at BE competitions.

If you withdraw by the withdrawal date do you get any money back?
Do the events actually fill your slot?
If I couldnt go could I give my entry to a friend without her having to pay the full wack entry and things?

Im asking as ive withdrawn from events before and not gotten my money back. Now my horse is going really well but ive missed entering the last events of the season so I was wondering if anyone was withdrawing I could fill their place. I'm sure if they were not getting their money back from the event itself they would love it if I covered their entry!

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Very much depends on the event.
Some keep proper waitlists others you know as soon as you enter you will never see your money again after ballot date even though they may state they have a waitlist :rolleyes:

Rosiefan

Visit site
What DHB said, each event does their own thing. This is a huge bone of contention for BE members - one which BE seem to be completely unable or unwilling to resolve sadly :(.

tilly17

Visit site
Most events now state in the schedule: REFUND POLICY - As per Rule 2.20.
it is explained on the BE website as :
If an event holds a wait list it is obliged, under rule 2.20 ii, to give a full refund (inc VAT where applicable) less £10 to any competitor whose place, following their withdrawal, is replaced from the wait list. This is not affected by the event's refund policy.

The later you leave your w/d, the less likely you are to be replaced and therefore receive a refund as there are likely to be fewer people left on a WL . If times have already by published, the times of a withdrawing competitor early in a section, for instance, may not suit you if you are travelling a long distance but if you are offered a place and do not take it up, you have forfeited your right to a refund.
Most entries secretaries try VERY hard to give competitors a run but this has to be within the guidelines on size of sections and max nos. of competitors that can be run in a day in order to avoid giving helpers such long hours that they refuse to come back - something to be avoided at all costs in a sport that cannot function without the goodwill and enthusiasm of its officials and volunteers.