BE - Youngster and living in Devon

Stelzar

Visit site
How old do you start competing your youngsters at BE? Where in Devon can I go for training? And does anyone know about getting sponsorship??

My horse has real potential and want to take him as far as I possibly can need to start somewhere and not sure where??...

Hope you guys can help...

be positive

Visit site
Horses can event as 4 year olds in BE 80 or age classes but most will be better started at 5 so they are mature enough and established in their work, even at the lower levels it is fairly intense to get all 3 phases well prepared.

If you do not have a trainer either ask for recommendations from people you know in the area or go on the BE site and find an accredited trainer that covers your area, they will be able to advise on all aspects which will help if you are new to eventing as there is so much information to take on board.

Dizzyblonde99

Visit site
I'm from cornwall so don't know a lot but would winkleigh, bicton, southcott, stockland lovell, pontis pool, chyverton might be good for getting some good schooling? I don't think theres a lot in the way of BE but I think there are some well run unaff around like Lanhydrock (not to everyones taste I know) that used to be a BE course and is still run to BE rules.

wizoz

Visit site
How old do you start competing your youngsters at BE? Where in Devon can I go for training? And does anyone know about getting sponsorship??

My horse has real potential and want to take him as far as I possibly can need to start somewhere and not sure where??...

Hope you guys can help...

Depending on where you are in Devon, I would go and have lessons with Caroline Creighton who is at the Wiegersma's near Hatherleigh. If you just want to use x country courses, Southcott (Winkleigh), Bicton, Pontispool (Somerset) don't know if Duchy College still has their xc course.

Sponsorship wise, you need to be writing to local businesses.