BE100 Bishop Burton Advice Please

TopTotty

Visit site
So in 2010 Tilly and I did 3 BE100's, Bradwall, and Stafford twice. Then she tweaked her suspensory at Hutton 100. :(:(

Four years on..... last year we did 2 80's followed by 3 90's and were placed at each one. :D This year I have done Kelsall 90 finished 12th with one pole down (rider error) :eek: and have Warwick this weekend and Richmond next weekend.

If I want to compete at Skipton 1 I have to do the 100 on the Sat as I am selling my cupcakes on the Sunday and I will also have to go alone :(

So I wondered if a trip to Bishop Burton would be worthwhile. It is two weeks before Skipton and my long suffering husband can come with me. It is a long way for us (about 3 hours in the lorry) and I wondered if anyone could shed any light on the BE100 course there and tell me if you think it is a good one for a move back up. We wouldn't stay over just go there and back in the same day. I have looked at the pics on Shoestring eventing.

This is the only weekend I have free between Richmond and Skipton as those little cupcakes are popular and I have to take them out and about ;)

Please help me decide what to do :) Thanks in advance for your help :):)

Polonaise

Visit site
It's not the biggest 100, some fences are shared with 90, most are just a slightly bigger version. The 2 skinny brush topped things are pretty decent and usually feature somewhere but jump well. There's an "into space" that again jumps well. The trekaner has an alternative and water is just a run through. The brush into the woods causes issues in some light but is also on the 90 course without the b element so obviously not that big just be very clear where you're aiming. Dressage near lorry park - firm flat ground, SJ on a good surface, spooky arena. XC is in a valley so softer ground, pretty good course for spectators. Not always the most organised of events but probably not a bad one to move up on.

Patterdale

Visit site
OOhhhh but that's next weekend :D And I'm doing that one on my own too. :)

Fair dos :)
There are a few nice first time events in that area, Eventing magazine do a really good issue with a guide to every event, comments from riders and whether its suitable for a first timer etc.
Its probably already been now but I bet they'd send you a back issue if you wanted?

Bishop's fine though, I haven't done it for a few years but I don't remember anything too challenging. Apart from the spooky sj arena :D which would be fine for a normal horse but mine was very spooky to start ;)

Patterdale

Visit site
Patterdale......I've sent an email to Richmond asking to swap!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'l let you know ;)

Ooh v exciting!
Honestly, Richmond (especially the spring one) is quite well known for being kind. It was my first Novice :)
It's a few years since I've done it as I've been having babies but eventing friends tell me it's still a v nice one.

Make sure you let us know how you get on!