BE80 at Somerford, what’s it like?

Starbucks

Visit site
Got my first BE with horse next weekend! I’ve had a look at the course pics and it looks nice, has anyone done it?

Been a while since I’ve done any BE! Is the jumping / dressage on a surface?

Anything I need to think about if I haven’t done any BE in about 10 years!?

VRIN

Visit site
Its a lovely event. The SJ is on a surface. The course rides really well. It is up to height. The start of the XC is at the bottom of a fairly steep slope - so make sure you don't forget anything (I got to the warm up and realised I had no bib so had to trek back to get it!?!?)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I don't think there's any BE that runs dressage on a surface. They usually need six to eight rings going at the same time and no-one has that big am arena :)

Somerford arenas are very flat, as good as you'll get anywhere.

SOS

Visit site
I don't think there's any BE that runs dressage on a surface. They usually need six to eight rings going at the same time and no-one has that big am arenA :)

Sorry to correct you but I believe Keysoe will now run it’s BE dressage completely on a surface. Previously they ran some on a surface and some on grass as do a few (limited) number of venues. :)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Sorry to correct you but I believe Keysoe will now run it’s BE dressage completely on a surface. Previously they ran some on a surface and some on grass as do a few (limited) number of venues. :)

Wow, that must be a big place :)

Michen

Visit site
As do Aston le Walls the majority of the time.

BethanT

Visit site

Launceston also run some of their tests on their area, but they only have one so the rest is on grass.

Charmin

Visit site
Somerford is an absolutely lovely course - there are two steep hills (one you go up and one you come down) and course is near maximum length so definitely needs a horse on the fitter side. Rewards bold riding as can be up to height, but is a cracking track :) I'm there for my first 90 in a while on Sunday.