BE90 at Aston-le-walls (4) Entries

baybertha

Visit site
I tried entering the BE90 at Aston last night online, however it said just the BE100 and 90 were closed. The ballot date was at 12noon yesterday but it says the late entry surcharge isn't until 3rd August. Do you think I could send a postal entry using the printed off BE entry form and still get accepted? I am a full member and my horse is on a half season ticket so I could use a ballot (I think?). Please help I need to get this entry done ASAP!

amycamycamyc

Visit site
i'm in the same position - went to book today and saw it was full. Would be interested to hear the asnwer - although I have entered the unaff 90 on the Sunday instead now.

ConnieX

Visit site
Entries close on the ballot date if full. If oversubscribed on the ballot date some entries may be 'balloted' ie they do not get a place. If you enter before the ballot date you can use your ballot sticker so in the event of over subscription you won't be balloted out (unless everyone has used one!) after the ballot date your sticker is useless. If they are running a wait list you may be able to go on that. Key message: enter before the ballot date! The late entries just applies to events where entries are not full on this date and is the point where you have to pay a surcharge to get in. It is not a closing date for entries.

baybertha

Visit site
Thank you ConnieX! That is all so much clearer now - I guess I'll have to try and get a place on the wait list then.

be positive

Visit site
The entries for 90/100 are closed, they probably didn't ballot but have stopped taking further entries, you are too late to use a ballot sticker as for that to work your entry needed to be in before the ballot date.
They do not seem to have a waiting list so there is no point in sending a postal entry, in order to ensure you get into events in future you must send the entry in before the ballot date, think of the ballot date as the closing date for entries, the late entry surcharge date is only relevant if the event is not full and still able to take a late entry.

I see it has now been answered, I got side tracked on the phone halfway though!