Beach ride nr Helston?

Fizz06

Visit site
Hello! I'm going on holiday to a place near Helston. I won't be bringing my horse :( but would love to find a decent stables where I could go for a ride on the beach. Ideally not somewhere that will put me on dead to the leg, nose to tail trekking horse. Any suggestions where I might be able to go? The place I am staying at has recommended Poltesco?

SpottyTB

Visit site
Hi, I believe poltesco are good, the only other local one is Newton equestrian. I can't comment on there performance as have heard mixed reviews.. Some not so great tbh.

Kat_Bath

Visit site
I rode at Poltesco at the end September 2011. If I remember correctly, it was midweek. It was just me rising and think I did an hour and a half.*

I rode a lovely heavy (Ardennes type) mare. However, she wasn't very forward going and she wasn't excited about going which was a shame.*

I could've ridden at any point in the day and didn't mind if it wasn't just me and they suggested the time so I was disappointed when the girl who took me out said it would be one canter to the other end of the beach and then back as we couldn't go round the headland to the next bit because the tide was in and low tide was that morning.

On the way back we did have another canter along some fields but the lovely mare just wasn't excited about it.

I would go again but I wouldn't hesitate in asking for a more forward going horse.

If you're going via North Devon, stop off in Woolacombe and go for a beach ride there! I rode a lovely, well schooled mare who was a super star and the scenery is just stunning.