Beat my personal best and got my first ridden frilly!

EQUIDAE

Visit site
I'm not a competitor - the thought fills me with dread, I'm more of a playing with youngsters type. Up until now I have done two intros and scored just shy of 60% on both of them (both within 0.5%) But... recently I have had 2 Enlightened Equitation and have felt a dramatic change in how my mare moves. I entered the local Intro A and not only did I bear my personal best by nearly 6% (64.58%), I came 4th. Delighted with the result as it was my mares first time off the yard in months and we hacked there for about 45 minutes too.

Not the best shots as she was rather tense and shouty but much better than last time (not that that is difficult).

_20160318_135346__1_.JPG

_20160318_135316.JPG

ponyparty

Visit site
Well done! Hope you enjoyed it. I'm not much of a competitor either but I like to get out and about a bit for the fun of it and to see if I can improve on my PB and notice any improvement in the horse.
Hoping to do an Intro at the beginning of April on my new loan pony. Will be his first time out in quite a while too so will be a challenge for us both! Looking forward to it though.
What is involved in Enlightened Equitation? Pardon my ignorance, I did google it but the website didn't seem very forthcoming with what it actually is? :)

EQUIDAE

Visit site
What is involved in Enlightened Equitation? Pardon my ignorance, I did google it but the website didn't seem very forthcoming with what it actually is? :)

It's classical training based on the French school. It's very much based around how the rider's position influences the horse. For example - we worked on getting the two sides of my pelvis to work independently. Once this was achieved my mare really strode out in the walk (we got 7.5 for our walk circle - compared to a 4 last time). Then we worked on controlling the pace from the seat so stopping moving the hips in sync with the horse to gather up the walk, then syncing again to ask for lengthened strides. Halt became stopping syncing and a clench of the buttocks. From this we achieved amazing walk-canter transitions just by releasing the pelvis and advancing the inside hip.

Her book is free on the website at the mo (just pay P&P) as she is going more towards ebooks.

I know a lot of people on here have found her abrasive but the effect of her teachings have made my horse move so much better.

ponyparty

Visit site
Sounds really interesting! I'm going to have a look into it.

Her book is free on the website at the mo (just pay P&P) as she is going more towards ebooks.

I couldn't find it :( looks like it's £9.99 now, might just buy the Kindle version bit by bit though - see how I go with the first part for £1.99!