Beautiful ashes keep sakes

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Can anyone recommend?

I’m usually pretty cool about what happens to animals after death and all our dogs have been buried. When I lost my beloved little lab Doug earlier this year I couldn’t bear him being buried, can’t explain why other than I was in bits at the time.
So I had him cremated and he is in a lovely casket. Up til now I’ve just done nothing, I look occasionally at jewellery etc but I’m not a massive jewellery wearer as I tend to break and loose stuff at work.
I’ve seen lots of other things, none of which have really felt quite right.
I love this oil candle https://scattering-ashes.co.uk/glass-oil-candle-elements/

Has anyone got any other recommendations or had something similar?
I want something subtle, seen lots of glittery globe type things but that’s not really what I’m after.

Bellasophia

Visit site
Many Years ago I used to write on a USA poodle board.
They became my best friends over the twenty years we wrote there daily..when I lost my two beautiful poodle girls,close together,they sent me a stained glass picture .I still have it to this day..it makes me smile for the girls and the wonderful people who loved and shared them with me.( sorry keeps posting side on..but you get the idea)….I still find this very comforting.

CD94CC11-EBE3-4834-8766-A93C24574ED7.jpeg

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Many Years ago I used to write on a USA poodle board.
They became my best friends over the twenty years we wrote there daily..when I lost my two beautiful poodle girls,close together,they sent me a stained glass picture .I still have it to this day..it makes me smile for the girls and the wonderful people who loved and shared them with me.( sorry keeps posting side on..but you get the idea)….I still find this very comforting.

View attachment 81024
How gorgeous! What a lovely gesture ?

poiuytrewq

Visit site

These are amazing! He had deformed front legs though, I’m unsure if it would come across that great, or if I have that many full body photos, I am going to have a look though. Even if not to do with the ashes they are just lovely.
https://www.withloveandlight.co.uk/memorial-glass/special-occasions/ I was looking at this place for maybe doing something with mine but am going to opt for jewelry instead.
I love these too. Really beautiful. Something hanging in the window was another idea I’d thought of so this is a great site. Thank you

janem_g

Visit site
Also artful ashes. I work in the funeral industry and can ask for recommendations if you have an idea what you would like, painting, picture, paperweight etc.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Also artful ashes. I work in the funeral industry and can ask for recommendations if you have an idea what you would like, painting, picture, paperweight etc.
Thank you! I’m open to any ideas, I love glass, not paintings or pictures. I want subtle/ classy! As in I’ve seen some with tacky rhymes in glittery font. I don’t want that.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
One thing I’m really worried about and I guess I need to contact the crematorium and ask is the casket is nailed or screwed shut. Inside will he be loose or in a bag or what?
I think even when I decide on something I may be too scared to open it.
Will he look like ashes in out wood burner?
Is this something I get someone else to do?
Am I being stupid!!

BlackRider

Visit site
One thing I’m really worried about and I guess I need to contact the crematorium and ask is the casket is nailed or screwed shut. Inside will he be loose or in a bag or what?
I think even when I decide on something I may be too scared to open it.
Will he look like ashes in out wood burner?
Is this something I get someone else to do?
Am I being stupid!!
I was really stressed about this when I decided to scatter my 2 horses ashes, there was screws to undo on the underneath and the ashes were bagged. (for my rabbits ashes also in a bag with a ribbon on).
I was also worried about seeing the ashes but also felt it didn't feel right to get someone else to do it and on the day it was fine x

janem_g

Visit site
Thank you! I’m open to any ideas, I love glass, not paintings or pictures. I want subtle/ classy! As in I’ve seen some with tacky rhymes in glittery font. I don’t want that.
I've asked around and Elysium, ODonato crystals, ashesintobathaquaglass, forver into glass are names that have come up. Hopefully you'll see something that you like. x