Beautiful warm and sunny day!

lhotse

Visit site
Just been for a lovely hack, it's my mare's birthday today, she's 7, and the sun is shining on her!! She's now relaxing in the field with the sun on her back, unlike the 2 fields of horses that I passed that all had their turnout rugs on!!
They all looked so hot and fed up, can't understand why their owners felt they needed those rugs on, even a little Welsh section a had one on.
Madness!!
Anyway, who else has been on a hack in the sunshine today? First time in months that I've left the gloves in the car too!!

cblover

Visit site
I went yesterday and it was lovely and warm....peaceful too! Then did some ground work with my youngster. What a difference a bit of sun can make. Glad you had a good ride.

3OldPonies

Visit site
In defence of the owners who's horses were rugged - if for them it was like it was here first thing this morning (7.30am) it was really cold, as it was overnight, so I left my boyz with their mid-weight rugs on and have just spent my lunch hour rushing back to take them off - not everyone will be lucky enough to work close enough to their yard to have been able to do that.

mytwofriends

Visit site
Beautiful sun today! Had a lovely ride and the boys are out naked and shining. Maybe summer is actually around the corner?

wiglet

Visit site
I had a sunny hack this morning at 7am - there'd been a good frost but the sun was out and by the time I got back, it was beginning to warm up nicely. Turned back out in a fly rug.

ZoeF

Visit site
I cant wait to finish work and rush up the field to get out for a hack in the forest tonight. Looking warmer out there than it was at 5.30 this morning when I went up there to un-rug :)

L&M

Visit site
Lovely day - almost considered getting the st lotion out earlier! We had an equally sunny day yesterday and had a lovely ride on both of mine.

Re rugs, all it takes is a quick check of the days forecast before travelling to the yard and a dose of common sense - can't bear seeing horses still in rugs in the weather!

Charlie007

Visit site
Had a glorious ride at 5.30 am yesterday morning, but have lesson tonight at our local ec.

Regards rugs, I have to make my mind up at 7am what I'm going to do. I can pop back at lunch but it is a rush. Left him naked today, although very cold this morning it warmed up nicely!