Becca and Bob

dawnpetenathshir

Visit site
I got Bob last summer as a companion for Pete. He was a mess when I got him and had been neglected so I set about some TLC. He has horrendous mud fever which we are still working on, his feet were awful and he was thin. My friend Becca had a very hard time last year so I asked her if she would like to come down and ride Pete sometimes as she loves riding. She took to Bob and after the vet gave the OK we started to ride him gently.

He is a very stubborn chap and would not go anywhere with out Pete. I got a dually halter and started to do a little work with him a couple of weeks ago as he has a habit of banging his head against me which hurts.

Well long story short he is responding to the training and Becca managed to ride him in the field last night on his own :D. I'm so proud of her for her persistence and it is now being rewarded :D

dawnpetenathshir

Visit site
It's great to see the improvement in him. It's also great to see how he has helped Becca cope with losing her mum to cancer. Two lost souls helping each other.