Beckwithshaw, Harrogate, hunter trial

Dizzykizzy

Visit site
Please does anyone know this course? I think there is a BE event there this weekend but there is a hunter trial next weekend and we thought we might go but with entry fees at £25 I don't want to risk it if it is a really difficult course. Our mare has not jumped XC for 2 years though she used to love it.
Does anyone have any pics or links to pics of the course please?

ladybones

Visit site
004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

And just because he is cute and got slightly stuck under this jump.. meet badger!

008.jpg

I have indeed jumped it, it is fairly meaty but rides well IMO infact it rode so well i got 3time faults for going TOO FAST!!

Dizzykizzy

Visit site
Loving Badger, cutie!
Well done for going too fast LOL and thanks for the pics, brill!
Is there any nasty watery type fences or scary ditches with trolls hiding in them? I *think* Ginge would jump all of those.......

ladybones

Visit site
Well in the programme it said there was water.. but it was infact what looks like a waterjump but with no water just pebbles!! its either a splash in and out or a drop in and splash (not that pebbles spash) out. no ditches, one is called a tracana (sp) but it didnt seem to have much of a ditch under it.. certainly not deep enough for trolls!! so in conclusion, there is a water, but no water and there is a ditch but no ditch!! Good luck let us know how you get on!

ladybones

Visit site
You're more than welcome dizzykizzy.
We did terribly!! ive never done so badly! we got the worst dressage in the section 46 (we have previously been coming in the top 3rd of the group) then two down sj and like i said i somehow managed to go to fast xc which i didnt even know was possible! Oh well, we have a clinic with jeanette brakewell all next week so hopefully we'll iron out the problems.

ladybones

Visit site
Its at Osbaldeston riding centre near blackburn, its a retrained racehorse clinic, should be pretty good, hopfully she will teach us how to leave the poles up in the ring, its so annoying cos we never touch a thing when we are a t home or even in the collecting ring!
I am Malton way, how did you know that? I live in Terrington. You?

Dizzykizzy

Visit site
Oh from another post about tack shops....you knew the ones in Malton LOL!
We live near Rideaway.
Hope you get something out of your training anyway, sounds great. We had a similar frustration at a comp last weeknd when Ginger horse decided to stop dead at 4th fence....she NEVER blinking stops! hey ho.

ladybones

Visit site
Yeah there is good covering although i was one super early so i have no idea what it will be like after a good days thrashing! I guess just have a look and see what you think.

Ohh i went to rideaway just yeasterday, you're lucky to live near such a massive tack shop.. not so good for the ol' pockets though i imagine!

Good luck tomorrow TURBOBERT and good luck with the hunter trial dizzykizzy.

JenHunt

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You're more than welcome dizzykizzy.
We did terribly!! ive never done so badly! we got the worst dressage in the section 46 (we have previously been coming in the top 3rd of the group) then two down sj and like i said i somehow managed to go to fast xc which i didnt even know was possible! Oh well, we have a clinic with jeanette brakewell all next week so hopefully we'll iron out the problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhh... that was you was it? I heard that on the tannoy... we were the ones that did a lap of the commentators box due to a complete steering failuse at no5!! our worst SJ for ages, 3 down and time faults - bit of a random course IMO, looked like they'd put up SJs in a field and then worked out he course!

ladybones

Visit site
Oh gawwd! i didnt realise they said it over the tannoy.. how embarrising! I was a bit annoyed that the sj was entirely uprights no back bars?? is that even BE legal?
Haha i didnt hear about your change of route! was that classed as 'error of course' or just a long way round!? Doesn't look like us HHO-ers have been very good at representing today.. hopefully everyone thats on tomorrow will have better luck!

JenHunt

Visit site
it was classed as a run out... i couldn't get him steadied up (should have put the double bridle in, but went blonde for a moment and went int he snaffle!) coming in to jump 5 (the rustic hen hut thing) and he decided we couldn't possibly jump it at the speed he was goin, shot left and it took me a lap of the commentators box to get him back! popped it at the second attempt tho and carried on. he also slipped going down the hill after the wall, and came back to trot!! so we had a steady round really! think i had about 20 time penalties!

I though the SJ was supposed to have more spreads and fillers than that one had too - it was quite random.

Kenzo

Visit site
I was there yesterday fence judging! at fences 14, 15 and 16 the log roll and hunt kennels combi, was a very long day but a good one, we didnt get rained off this year neither!

Unfortunately we had a few fallers at our fences and one lady did get injured, I do hope she's feeling better today as she had a suspected broken arm <<<healing vibes>>>> for her.

Hope everyone had great day and all the best for the riders there today.

ladybones

Visit site
Kenzo. i did actually notice you! i rarely spot the fence judges but i clearly remember thinking i might overshoot 14 and in turn thinking oh no what if i crash into the fence judge!? i was the one going really fast and talking to my pony quite alot!

rosiesmumof4

Visit site
agree about the sj course - thought it was short, small and rather tatty - partic in comparison to the xc which was beautifully dressed. Wondered if they'd had a problem with getting the sj and had just borrowed someone's practice ones.

web76

Visit site
You are right in respect of the show jumping course. The set of show jumps which had been booked for months were a no show on Friday PM - and they have not returned any of the organisers calls (phone switched off, what a surprise!!).

We therefore had to acquire a set of jumps at 7AM on the saturday morning and set them up for a 9:30 start. Whilst the course wasn't perfect, we were helped by a fantastic course builder in Di Boddy and additional jumps from the HCTG (although for the sake of a consistent course they couldn't be deployed till the BE90 course in the afternoon). Sorry the course wasn't up to the standard of the XC, but circumstances dictated.

Hope the competitors understand and next year will be different.

William

Kenzo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Kenzo. i did actually notice you! i rarely spot the fence judges but i clearly remember thinking i might overshoot 14 and in turn thinking oh no what if i crash into the fence judge!? i was the one going really fast and talking to my pony quite alot!

[/ QUOTE ]

You were no the only vocal one lol
grin.gif
, how did you do?
smile.gif

Rhiann0n

Visit site
Hi Kenzo!

I was the XC Steward at Beckwithshaw, the good looking one, not Peter!
grin.gif

Apparently the lady who dislocated her elbow thinks she was rude to you when you removed her airjacket, and wants your contact details to say sorry! If that's OK, could you PM me?

Isn't it strange, that fence caused absolutely no problems on Sunday!
confused.gif

Kenzo

Visit site
Hi just read this now after your PM
smile.gif
, no she wasnt rude, she was fine.

But I didnt remove her air jacket though, nor did I try (as I know not move them in case they have a back injury etc), I only popped the front buttons so she could breath better (as per the briefing) once she stated it was her arm where she felt he pain.

Maybe she is getting mixed up
confused.gif
, as another lady took over who told me she was a doctor while I was on the radio etc (who happend to be close by, think she was spectating perhaps) so unless she removed the jacket afterwards?

Anyway hope she feeling better today.
smile.gif