Becky Holden is coming here to teach - anyone interested?

JillA

Visit site
Becky has worked with Heather Moffett, done clicker training, done a great deal of in hand work and most recently has trained with Philippe Karl - she is a great instructor. She is prepared to come here to teach for a minimum of 4 lessons - I have a couple of possibles but if anyone definitely wants to take advantage of her being in this area, (NE Shropshire, accessible from Jct3 of M54 or Jct 15 of M6) let me know - price will be around £60 or £65 per lesson depending on whether there are 4 or more takers. Date to be arranged depending on peoples availability but some time in July.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Jill, will BH teach in hand work or is she only willing to teach ridden for some reason? I could be interested in an in hand session, though would have to have a think about the price as it's 3x what I pay for usual trainer... I presume she's coming as a one off, so I could go with a particular issue I wanted help with (I do have a particular in hand issue I'd like some advice on)?

Sol

Visit site
I might be interested. Any chance of spectating? Otherwise it would depend on how far from me it was & whether I can get transport on the chosen date - I don't have a box/trailer so would be relying on a friend for transport.

FrostyFeet

Visit site
Another who would love to spectate-think hiring transport plus lesson cost would be just a bit too much at the minute,but would love to watch if possible!

maggiesmum

Visit site
I'd definitely love to come with one of mine, not sure which one yet, I'd want to do in-hand / long-reining as Becky's so good at it and I could really do with some help in refining my skills. :)

amandap

Visit site
Message from JillA -- forum problems!

" After a brief (half a day) spell when all was well I am back to not being able to post, reply message etc. again. I posted a thread in West Midlands about Becky Holden coming here, and several people expressed an interest but I can't respond to them in any way. ;-|
Is there anyone on here who can let them know what has happened and if they message me their email I'll update them with the current situation. Please apologise for me and assure them I'm not ignoring them, we are hoping to have lessons here one weekend late July and a demo at The Wyke at Shifnal one Friday evening in August. Details not quite finalised, will let them know when they are."

JillA

Visit site
Quick quick - I am in lol. If you want to register an interest, book a lesson or ask Becky about the sort of lesson you can have, you can email me on jill@allsopp82.orangehome.co.uk or friend me on FB (Jill Allsopp) and message me on there - on FB I can share it to Becky. Or you could message Becky direct on FB. Still waiting on dates, I think Becky might be busy at the moment but I will try and let you all know as soon as we have some. Tiddlypom, chestnut cob, I could ask her about shared or half hour lessons? If you can friend me on FB I'll set up a group so we can all share information - just make sure I know you are interested in these lessons when you do.

JillA

Visit site
The date is confirmed as 26th July. From Becky "For anyone wishing to spectate I will charge £10 but if they decide to have a lesson in the future the £10 will be deducted from their first lesson. Anybody having lessons are welcome to watch the others at no extra charge. I don't usually do 1/2 hour lessons. Especially the first lesson as I need to work with the horse briefly so I can get a feel for what needs doing." If you want to spectate please let me know - the £10 is cheaper than the price per person for the demo (costs a lot to hire the indoor school, so probably £15 prepaid) and the demo price won't be deducted from any future lessons. Please email me as above to arrange either a lesson (two more available) or to spectate.