bedding....

devilsauce

Visit site
at the DIY yard im on we arnt allowed to have anything but shavings... now the are 4.75 a bag and the rate im goin through these at the min is horrendous and my bills are sky high wot cud i use??

the reason we arnt allowed straw is because it makes too much mess i wud much prefer this as i have an arthric TB so i like him to be comfy but on shavings at that price i cnt afford it

devilsauce

Visit site
omg!!! thats outrageous!!!! eeek cant u have straw lol? straw is soo cheap up here id much rather use it but i dnt wanna move yards
frown.gif

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
How many bales are you getting through a week ds? Are they the normal sized bales coz £4.75 a bale sounds unbelievable! Round here, one supplier has just put them up to over £9 a bale!!!! Anyway, I get through about 1 bale a week for Sunny who is out during the day and in at night. He has rubber mats at the front 1/3rd of his stable and a deep litter shavings bed at the back 2/3rds. Angel has the same bedding arrangement in her stable but is only in for about 4 hours a day and its been weeks since I put any new shavings in her stable - usually only 3 poos to take out and a quick tidy up.

hhopkins

New User
Visit site
Hi. I have just registered as a new user as I have been looking for cheaper bedding alternatives and wanted to look at all your comments.
I am interested in the Liverpool wood pellets which can work out as cheap as £2.45 a bag. Only thing is- you have to wet them. Anyone using them?

pollypt

Visit site
Im using pellets from Liverpool wood pelelts, and Im absouloutely made up with them, been on them for nearly 2 weeks now and they have lived upto all my expectations and more, there easy to use, and very cheap, and all they are is compressed wood shavings, no dust too, which I was concerned about before I got them.
smile.gif
smile.gif

There is no rocket science to them, the water simply expands them and helps them to break down, but they never feel wet or damp.

Very nice people too.
wink.gif
wink.gif