bedmax or snowflake... or any other shavings for that matter!

charliep

Visit site
Hi. I use Snowflake shavings at the moment but they are so expensive. I pay £7.20 a bale. Has anyone tried bedmax?? are they any cheaper or do you use any other brand of shavings that are cheaper than £7.20?

Thanks
smile.gif

greenlivery

Visit site
I use Bedmax when I can't get Hunters, I like them but they are not so good if you have a horse which is really wet as they don't hold that much water. But they do last a long time, and small lovely!

HollyB66

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I use Bedmax when I can't get Hunters, I like them but they are not so good if you have a horse which is really wet as they don't hold that much water. But they do last a long time, and small lovely!

[/ QUOTE ]

So, for a very wet horse, is Hunters the best bedding to go for?

Holly B

legaldancer

Visit site
Snowflake is £8+ in Lincs & we're local to them! Bedmax is £9ish & the flakes are bigger & I'm told specifically made for bedding horses. Snowflake send containers out to furniture manufacturers etc to fill, so just a by-product.

Leaf

Visit site
I found shavings online they are eclipse shavings I brought a pallet (34 bales I think) worked out £5.90 a bale delivered. nice shavings too.

jenson1

Visit site
we use cusion bed underneath bedmax and deep litter,when you buy a pallet of CB its £3.90 per bale and bedmax when you buy a pallet is £6 a bale.i was using 3 hunters a week with a wet horse which cost £10 near me.the Cusion Bed does the absorbing and the bedmax looks nice and is very comfy.Snowflake i find very Dusty.