BEF Futurity

JG Equestrian

Visit site
Screenshot_2013-05-03-22-36-11_zpse23a92d7.png

This is my new filly. Im looking at taking her to futurity but havent the foggiest idea on what to enter her in! Shes arab x warmblood. Id say dressage however her breeder enteredban arab/warmblood in dressage and got told she wouldve done just as well if not better in eventing.
Opinions please :)

More pictures are available. Im just using my phone so could only post one at the mo.

Partoow

Visit site
Ok , what is the warm blood part ? This will have a huge bearing on the section.the warm blood side really needs to have a jumping ability ( proven) for the foal to be really an eventer.
For dressage movement is important but looking at the picture it looks like you have a very nice foal , proportions are good.
When you look at the movement for,dressage there needs to be really good active use of the hind legs ( elastic movement) and a desire in the canter to balance with a clear split on the hind leg especially through turns and circles.
They need a bold outlook and inquisitive nature.
That's a rough idea, an eventing foal generally is more rectangular in proportion with a more horizontal movement ( ground covering ) also like to see a good length of rein so there is plenty infront of you when it comes to jumping and using the neck and back over a jump.

ajf

Visit site
It may be worth putting this in the Breeding section as they are very helpful and know lots.

Personally I think she looks gorgeous :D

I thought (though not 100 % now as haven't done Futurity for a good 5 years) that they would swap foals in sections if the judges thought they were more suited for another section?

Good luck

cundlegreen

Visit site
Only offspring by Graded stallions can do the Futurity now, as they changed the entry criteria last year. Nice foal!

Partoow

Visit site
I'd enter the dressage section then. As her breeding on the sires side is very much that! Looking at her , and she's lovely I'd say that she has the more square frame that is liked in type for dressage. Obviously the vital piece is he athletic movement its this that makes the difference.
I hope you go and I wish you luck and lots of enjoyment of your lovely girl!

seabsicuit2

Visit site
One word of advice - if the foal canters too much instead of trots, they will put you in the eventing section ! ( even if a foal is a Dartmoor cross cob they don't like dressage foals cantering too much!)

JG Equestrian

Visit site
Thanks guys!! The stallion is graded so im safe in that part! Shes very flashy and im so lucky to have bought her.
Ill post in breeding aswel when i get on my laptop!! Thanks again :) im utterly over the moon with her