Before and after pics of project pony 6 months on.....

ru-fi-do

Visit site
I got this little man back in December. He was very shy and nervous of everything and we couldn't do anything with him. He has come on leaps and bounds now and is getting better everyday, we have just started to bring him onto work and he has taken the tack fine although has a fear of anyone getting higher than him if you try and mount, so we are trying to overcome that at the minute. Bless him, he really tries to please but just can't quite let himself go, but once he does he laps it up. When he came we couldn't brush him, pick feet out or comb his mane. He also had a fear of headcollars, he has got scars on his face where it looks like a headcollar was left on too tight, but he is fine with them now. We are getting there slowly but surely , he's such a sweetie.
smile.gif

Day one
100_0188-1.jpg

100_0190.jpg

100_0188.jpg

100_0191.jpg

Today
phonejun072-1.jpg

phonejun073.jpg

phonejun086.jpg

phonejun077.jpg

phonejun078.jpg

phonejun081.jpg

Sorry for the picture overload, I got a bit carried away
shocked.gif
wink.gif

DollyDolls

Visit site
What a lovely colour.
Is he quite tall? Dolls hated anything being above her, but as she's so tall (17.3), she just wasn't used to seeing things that way round. I just got a mounting block & started doing everything from that height, well brushing & tacking up.
She's fine now.

ru-fi-do

Visit site
Hmm thats a good idea, we have just been standing on one and trying to lean over him, he is getting better but just panics and shoots forwards, he doesn't go anywhere really just darts forwards in a panic, we have found he's best doing things from the oppposite side too as opposed to the offside.

ru-fi-do

Visit site
I was planning on bringing him on and then finding a nice home for him, but I think the poor chap has been passed around a bit and not had the time put into him. I want to give him the best chance i can and if he makes a general pony then i'll be more than happy, it's just getting over this trust barrier. We have Mickey Gavin coming out next to do some work with him, as I have been told by numerous people he works wonders, so watch this space, i'm very open minded about it.

natalia

Visit site
awwww, he looks like a nice chap, i hope you can sort him out. Its amazing what a bit of patience and tlc can achieve!

ru-fi-do

Visit site
He believed to be Connamara, he 'apparently' originally came over from ireland. I've googled dun Connamara and looked at the images and there is actually quite a few that look like him. We've not had a measuring stick on him yet but he looks a good 14.2hh, i'll try and measure him tomorrow out of interest.
smile.gif

PippiPony

Chocolatier and Greyhound lover
Visit site
He looks super & he whole personailty looks happier - the way he is satnding & holding himslef. He does look a much happier boy.
Well done you
smile.gif