Before I drive 5 hours to the SW - anyone know these horses for sale?

s4sugar

Visit site
Savage would be my choice to view. Something doesn't add up on Barney -google the phone number.

suffolkmare

Visit site
I agree with S4sugar, both sound and look lovely, but my first thought was why are they selling Barney? I know they could have unspecified reasons, but if 9yo is getting placed in shows then you'd think they would hang on as she won't outgrow him any time soon! Savage (shame about his name!) seems the best bet for viewing, IMO. Maybe someone here will know more about them, as OP asked.

hnmisty

Visit site
"can be fed to be sharper"?
If you ("vous" you, not "tu" you!) want something sharp...why not get something that is sharp without needing to be piled full of food?!

Both sound nice (bar Barney's owner trying to pretend she's not a dealer...so, unless you want to risk that, then Savage at least sounds nice), might just be me but both seem expensive for what they are.

Angelbones

Visit site
I googled Barneys phone number. Is it me or does her son seem to be out growing rather too many ponies?

Ok I've done some in depth googling and I think there are 2 sons and 1 daughter, although I'd wonder why Barney wouldn't do for the 2nd son also?

I found some photos of him doing some riding club stuff and he does look rather 'solid' even with a tall teen on him.

I'm looking for something very specific for my daughter, she likes the look of him but you can't really tell from pics can you?

Menolly

Visit site
I know of the second horse and its a genuine add. I think a few people have jumped to big conclusions regarding the number. When there's a few kids in the family they do out grow ponies both in height and ability.

nice family who are really involved with Mynydd riding club - you might find a few more pics on there Facebook/web page.

I've seen the horse at local competions and he's always been steady and good as gold both ridden and in a show atmosphere.

As I said they are a genuine seller and I'm sure would be more than happy to chat about him in depth and make sure he was what you wanted before you decided to take a long drive.

Xx

TandD

Visit site
Ok I've done some in depth googling and I think there are 2 sons and 1 daughter, although I'd wonder why Barney wouldn't do for the 2nd son also?

I found some photos of him doing some riding club stuff and he does look rather 'solid' even with a tall teen on him.

I'm looking for something very specific for my daughter, she likes the look of him but you can't really tell from pics can you?

haha ive just done the same for you! very active riding club family! seems they have quite a few horses... nice show name!!!

daughter seems to do more than sons... may be they are giving up? or bringing on younger horses?

but overall looks like a sensible alrounder who has be well exposed to everything

maxapple

Visit site
I recently had a horse for sale and possibly two for Loan and I'm certainly not a dealer!

Barney looks fabulous.

Jericho

Visit site
Barney looks cracking and advert doesn't strike me as a dealers advert, just exactly as some people said - it's a horsey family who have probably had a number of horses.

Go see definitely...

Bertolie

Visit site
Do you have a name for the person selling savage? It's very local to me and in the pic of him jumping, the rider looks like someone I know (hard to tell though). If it is her, go careful!

Angelbones

Visit site
I was wondering how you got on, Angelbones?

Well, I'm still in turmoil as this has come about over my 14yr old daughter losing her jumping nerve due to the current horse being a bit too much for her (she suffers from terrible nerves over jumping but loves riding and hunts, pc, rc, etc and this would be her 5th pony over the past 10 years), and we have a tough decision as what to do and when, but I've been on the internet over the weekend trying to line up a few to visit around the same area.

I emailed Savage's owner and got a reply saying he isn't strong in his mouth but sets his neck out hunting (don't know how that translates into being strong to jump etc which would terrify her) but there was a discrepancy in the reply and no name was given so am slightly put off...Haven't called re Barney yet as am thinking he may be a bit chunky and perhaps not agile enough for when / if daughter regains her oomph, although am not worried about them being dealers. I'll give them a call tomorrow I think.

So, also found this one who looks the right temperament and easy ride, but is from a dealer and I have always run a mile from dealers:

http://www.emeraldequine.co.uk/lovely_irish_sports_horse_gelding_1187.htm

I found a post on here asking about the dealers but it had no replies so I added a post to that. So if anyone knows of Emerald Equine I'd be glad to hear from them.

That's it so far, nothing to report really - am possibly thinking of lining up something for this Saturday but can only do Barney and Savage together or the one above :confused:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I don't know personally but am pretty sure they have come up on here in the past and seemed to have a good enough rep with people who are local, I'll PM someone I think who commented at the time. I don't remember any bad comments certainly.

BlackSheep

Visit site
I know Emerald Equine have been around quite a long time as I knew a girl who worked for them for a while. She didn't say anything bad about them, but at the same time I wasn't asking. And I'm no longer in touch with her or I'd ask.
I think they import a lot of RC type horses.
I guess they would have gone out of business if dodgy?

be positive

Visit site
I think this one from the dealer looks less athletic and more chunky than Barney, the video shows he is quiet but he does not seem well educated and he could be lacking oomph for the future.

Angelbones

Visit site
I don't know personally but am pretty sure they have come up on here in the past and seemed to have a good enough rep with people who are local, I'll PM someone I think who commented at the time. I don't remember any bad comments certainly.

Thank you, much appreciated :)

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
mmmm, just a gut feeling, but personally I'd avoid "Savage" if the owner admits he "sets his neck out hunting" then you can be sure he's got a mouth like iron and pulls like b@ggery.

Sorry, its just the cynical part of me, but personally I'd avoid this one! Looking at the advert and reading between the lines, it sounds like there might be a few issues lurking there too, BUT on the other hand, at least they're being honest and not trying to bull***** you.

Sorry, am not being much help. Good luck looking anyway.

galaxy

Visit site
look at the dealer that Kokopelli will have pmed you about, Cattybrook Horses. I went with a client of mine earlier this year and bought a lovely mare from them. Helen the owner could not be more lovely and genuine. Highly recommend!