Before I go ahead, am I being fair enough?

shadowboy

Visit site
Last month I went to look round a yard for my 2 year old due to issues with current yard (love the yard just not the set up for when my baby will be born in the middle of winter)
Anyway, said to YM of new yard that id like to move first weekend of September.

However, last weekend an alternative cropped up that will be perfect for both my youngster and me- 24/7 turnout until 31st Jan with two other youngsters (yearling and a weanling) with a round bale feeder so means if there are any complications with my birth my husband can go up quickly and not need to muck out etc.

I want to give the YM of the yard I'm supposed to be moving to notice that I won't be and I was going to pay for 4 weeks anyway as I don't want her out of pocket- is that fair? Reason I'm asking is that a friend said she may request the 4 weeks plus livery for the time she's 'held' the stable based on the fact that she could have rented it out sooner. Should I be paying her 2 months?

Dusty M Yeti

Visit site
I thinks that's fair.

She could fill the vacancy immediately, if she has a waiting list, so could effectively be getting double livery for that space for four weeks.

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
I would go and speak to her... Explain your situation, she may be understanding , but be sure as should other yard fall through you don't want to be left with no where to go..

molly7886

Visit site
I'd say if you haven't signed an agreement then you probably wouldn't have to pat anything. However I think morally and to keep future options open then one months livery/rent is an acceptable and fair payment

ihatework

Visit site
I think to offer 4 weeks payment is very fair,
It should keep the relationship good if you did decide in future to go there.

Too many people would just text and say sorry not coming anymore and then pay nothing. Bad form.

mytwofriends

Visit site
What a considerate person. Many would not have even thought about paying and some may not even bother telling the yard you'd no longer be requiring their services.

Good for you!

shadowboy

Visit site
Thanks guys- I've just left her a message on her phone (no answer) letting her know and asking for her details to drop the money over- hopefully she won't be too annoyed with me as may need the yard end of January!