Begginer horse rider

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Find a good riding school and be very patient with yourself. It takes time and practice, so don't beat yourself up if your progress doesn't meet your expectations. The most important thing, is that riding should be fun and you should feel safe. If the RS isn't fun or safe, try somewhere else. Good luck, it could be the start of a life long passion.

HorsesPoniesEtc

New User
Visit site
Find a good riding school and be very patient with yourself. It takes time and practice, so don't beat yourself up if your progress doesn't meet your expectations. The most important thing, is that riding should be fun and you should feel safe. If the RS isn't fun or safe, try somewhere else. Good luck, it could be the start of a life long passion.
Thank you!!

Highflinger

Visit site
I haven't been to a riding school in decades but I would start by asking for recommendations on FB and if they are BHS approved then go and look around and if you like what you see and hear book a lesson . Be honest and let them know you are a beginner.
Good luck and I hope you enjoy.

windand rain

Visit site
Some riding schools offer cheap or free first lesson so you can find out if you like it. Or even if thar school is suitable for you. Depending on your age a bigger school may have age lessons so kids and adults are not mixed. If you already hang over gates drooling at ponies you are half way to being smitten

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
If you are older than about 12, then I would make the first few lessons private ones. That way, once you have been led around the arena a couple of times, you can move on to the lunge and get some work done. You will learn properly from the start, make better progress and not have to unlearn stuff later on.

Once you can walk and trot at least off the lunge, in a reasonable proficient manner then you could enjoy a group lesson more. However, I would return to a private lesson or three to crack the canter too.

SamBean

Visit site
Сan you tell me what criteria I should pay attention to first when choosing a school?

Hi take a look on British Horse Society website and there is a section on there where it tells you of approved centres near to your location as well as contact details. Good luck!