Beginner clipper questions

Lacuna

Visit site
A friend has kindly given me a pair of clippers for nothing. They are used and seem to be in good condition.

However, I've previously paid a friend to do my boy and I could do with an idiot's guide of what to check on the clippers to make sure they are in good enough nick to use. Alternatively - are there any places you can send them to be checked over.

I'm only going to be doing a bib/low trace clip as he isn't in too much work but does get sweaty on his neck and girth this time of year.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Many places will service them for you. Some feed or country type shops offer the service but you can also send to shearease or similar companies that offer blade sharpening.

Lacuna

Visit site
Pinkvboots - they are Laube. The safety instructions for the battery pack are dated 1991! I think a professional service would be in order as I don't seem to have an instruction manual.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Pinkvboots - they are Laube. The safety instructions for the battery pack are dated 1991! I think a professional service would be in order as I don't seem to have an instruction manual.

oh god I've not heard of those the age of them is not really relevant I know plenty of people that have perfectly working ancient clippers, there is a clipper engineer guy that often posts on here he might be able to help, failing that just send them to a place that service clippers and see what's happens.