Behaviourist recommendations

Marchtime

Visit site
First post in this section of the forum so please be gentle!
We picked up our rescue dog 5 weeks ago from her foster family. Fudge is a 3yr old JRT x Daschund with a very limited history. We think we are her fourth home this year.
She's a real sweetheart whose personality is now really coming out. A proper terrier who loves to chase squirrels and a small squeaky ball.
The issue is that unsurprisingly she has bad separation anxiety. If we leave her alone she whines. We've been trying to follow advice online and leave her for only a few minutes, building up gradually but we are struggling. We record her and sometimes she's happy for 1-3 minutes and then starts until we are home, other times she starts immediately but settles after a few minutes. She's not interested in food if we aren't there.
We could really do with some professional guidance on next steps. I suspect we aren't being consistent enough but we're not sure what the right way forward is and are petrified of making it worse.
Can anyone recommend a behaviourist who could offer us help? We're based in Surrey but happy if it's web based sessions.
I'd post a photo but technology alludes me! She would make a perfect girlfriend for George though!! (Secret George admirer here).

{97702}

Visit site
The rescue organisation you got her from should be able to recommend a behaviourist, they will usually have one that they work closely with ?

Marchtime

Visit site
She's not crate trained and the rescue did tell us she didn't react well to crates so we haven't tried.
We know 2 of her previous homes were people who worked full time and were living in flats. They both rehomed her as she howled all day and neighbours complained. She was only with each a few weeks.
My husband works from home permanently and I'm working from home at the moment. We were attempting to leave her for 5 - 10 minutes a day but now we're not sure if this is the right approach. Long term we would like to be able to leave her for 2-3hrs but we're prepared that this might take a few months.

[139672]

Visit site
You could try asking Sussex County Dog Training, you can contact them via email on their website. If they can’t help in person or remotely they may be able to recommend someone close to you.