Belmont Report (Saturday)

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Well as all the other HHOs are competing today it looks like I get to start the ball rolling
grin.gif

Took two to Belmont, Rags and a friends horse Bobby that at the last minute had no jockey both in the PN. It was Bobby's first event and having sat on him for the first time on Thurs and able to get no tune out of him on the flat not a lot was expected.

Rags did his dressage first and did one of his best ever test accurate and obedient with no real mistakes. Bobby went next (in the same section) and bless him tried really hard although a bit bearing down and really struggling in canter but for him I was delighted. I was a bit dumbfounded to find Bobby scored a 36 and Rags a 35. Rags got 35 at Aldon last week for a crap test so I really thought mark might be in the 20s. I guess it goes back to the old thing of drssage judging being subjective
confused.gif

All hell broke loose as between 4 and 6 I had to SJ and XC both horses which may be easy for the pro's with grooms but not so easy with just me and Mum. Bobby went first and is still very green he found it very difficult to cope with all horses warming up and had more fences down than he left up. However in the ring he coped a little better and just had 3 down through inexperience. Then went XC, the course was similiar to last year twisty but very straightforwad and uncomplicated which really suited Bobby. He was green but very honest and jumped round clear. Had a look at the waters but keep going forward. Chuffed to finish on a score of 53 which for such a green young horse was great.
grin.gif

Rags Sjed better and just had one fence down. XC he found the course easy and pootled round 20 seconds inside the time and was barely blowing when he finished. Out the rossettes on his dressage score but very pleased.

By the time we dropped Bobby off at Hatherleigh nad got home last night it was Midnight! Knackered but really enjoyed our day and both horses went really well. Roll on Pontispool.

BBs

Visit site
Brilliant.
I am pleased it went well. Bobby sounds a promising horse to have, shame you dont get to keep the ride
smile.gif

YAY for Rags tho, shame about the dressage score, typical isnt it.

So are you going to take him to Withington too?

Right off now to take lorry to yard.

Speak later.
Vx

Mel85

Visit site
Well done you
smile.gif
Sounds like you had a great day!
I was waitlisted and didn't get in
frown.gif
Shame, but thats life!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Yes I hope so I had a long chat with my trainer as I wanted to put him Novice next time but as I am trying to sell him she doesn't want me to push too quickly particularly as he can get in a muddle with his feet SJing. Therefore I think we will do 2 more PN then go Novice at Pontispool in May. Hopefully get a bit of BSJA in as well in the meantime. That will still give us plenty of prep for the Pavo classes.