Ben Maher's clear - WOW.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
i don't follow showjumping, but the first time I watched him jump at hickstead a few years back I was stunned by just how smooth, calm and balanced his riding was. So pleased to see that it is obviously getting a lot more recognition.

the money I would pay to be able to SJ like that
blush.gif

juliehannah58

Visit site
Nick - 13 faults, Tim - 8 faults, Ben - Clear. I think the lowest we can come is 5th at the moment, but the other teams are quite ahead so chances of getting bronze are unlikely...

The Voice

Visit site
He looked quite happy there! I always think he competes best when he is under pressure as he can raise his game, that is what makes him so good and if he is in with a shout in the individuals, then he will put the pressure on the others in front as he will not buckle.

let's not forget the horse as well who jumped brilliantly.

juliehannah58

Visit site
USA top, Netherlands and Germany = 2nd with GB in 3rd, one more left to jump.

What a bugger, if we could have dropped nicks score, we might have gotten a medal.

Edited to add - GB 6th.

Not bad considering all the bad luck, well done guys.

DidiR

Visit site
I agree- thought Ben rode superbly calmly... and the mare just jumped and made it look easy.

REALLY rooting for him to get a good result in the individual. Does anyone know the format for that? I know they start again from a zero score... but how many qualify, and how many rounds do they have to do again?

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
USA top, Netherlands and Germany = 2nd with GB in 3rd, one more left to jump.

What a bugger, if we could have dropped nicks score, we might have gotten a medal.

Edited to add - GB 6th.

Not bad considering all the bad luck, well done guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

considering all the "bad luck"???

brought on by the selectors.........

if we didnt just go with "names" and "lames", we might of been in with a tiny shout....
crazy.gif

juliehannah58

Visit site
Rumours are rumours at the end of the day. Until anything is announced I don't think it's fair to sling mud to be honest. Our team did brilliantly with what they had.

Like I said in my other post, sh1t happens and we all know how up and down the Horse game is. Until we know exactly what happened to the other 2 horses it's all by the by IMO.

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Rumours are rumours at the end of the day. Until anything is announced I don't think it's fair to sling mud to be honest. Our team did brilliantly with what they had.

Like I said in my other post, sh1t happens and we all know how up and down the Horse game is. Until we know exactly what happened to the other 2 horses it's all by the by IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough...but it can't be put down to bad luck, either...

mulbry

Visit site
The bbc website is saying US/Canada jumping off for gold & Norway get bronze. We ended up 7th apparently. What happened to the Germans?

Bloody well ridden Ben Maher!

CrazyHippo1

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

REALLY rooting for him to get a good result in the individual. Does anyone know the format for that? I know they start again from a zero score... but how many qualify, and how many rounds do they have to do again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Top 35 go through to a first round individual, with everyone starting on 0. Then the top 20 from that first round go into a 2nd round. Neither round is timed but I imagine the max time will be tight. The two rounds scores are added up and equal faults will then jump off for the medal if need be!

Seriously big well done to Ben. He rode fantastically!! Rolette is seriously talented and never looked like having a fence down!
grin.gif
grin.gif
Everything crossed for them in the individual!

tammy1

Visit site
Since his double clear in America, I have been stating that Ben and Rolette are the partenship of the future and what a way he has proved that today!! I agree wow!!
Come on Ben bring us home an individual medal and get the true recognition you deserve once and for all!!!

onceuponatime

Visit site
Fabulous round Ben and Rolette! You were absolute class and deserve a place in the individual line up. In my opinion one of the best there - never a foot out of place. Fantastic riding - fantastic horse!

onceuponatime

Visit site
I see that Ben and Rolette are in 6th place individually - good jumping on Thursday could give them a medal. Fingers crossed! Wishing them the best of luck.

Starbucks

Visit site
I was very impressed!!!! It all just looked so calm and effortless, best round of the day I thought, didn't even look like touching a pole.

There are a lot of class horses there though, but I think he has as good a chance as any!! When was the last time GB won a gold in SJ???