Benefits of Linseed oil?

Charley

Visit site
Micronised Linseed (powdered form) is much cheaper and also a better spec to feed than the oil form.

It's very cheap, it gives your horse an amazing coat, it's good for joints and stomachs, and provides safe calories for weight gain without any fizz. Can't beat it IMO.

ridefast

Visit site
I feed micronized linseed and whilst there was never much wrong with my lot in the first place so I can't claim huge benefits, they've all seemed a bit more shiny coated this year, and my mums pony who last year was suffering from numerous skin issues and coughing has this year been fit and healthy. I know a lot of people swear it's good for all health issues and with mine it certainly hasn't hurt, they're all good doers too so it's nice to have something that keeps the shine to them without them piling on the pounds

Pigeon

Visit site
Mine won't eat the oil, literally has hysterics about it. £20 down the drain :( So I agree would go for the powder instead.

Jamesp

New User
Visit site
I know it sounds crazy but after the Horse's and Dogs my ex girlfriend added a drop of PureFlax oil to the chicken feed. After a while it made the eggs taste delicious. I have noticed from there website that they sell human supplements too! Has anyone tried them?

Nasicus

Visit site
I know it sounds crazy but after the Horse's and Dogs my ex girlfriend added a drop of PureFlax oil to the chicken feed. After a while it made the eggs taste delicious. I have noticed from there website that they sell human supplements too! Has anyone tried them?
Hmm... Brand new account, resurrecting a 6 year old thread, has 2 posts, both of which are recommending a specific branded product?
You don't happen to work for PureFlax now, do you? ;)