BENJI - to all those awaiting a reply from me to their PMs!

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
You'd do better to read all of KC's previous threads on HHO rather than guessing what is going on from a sales advert on Project horses.

I have been keeping up with KCs post - maybe not replying, but i've been reading.

well IF this is the case then it should of been made a little clearer by the OP

i totally agree, but KC did post she was on her way out - it very often seems that members on here are sooo quick to jump on others.

chill hun..... if this is the case then im sure everyone will understand:)
i did post after my first post maybe it was a old advert , but she should of mentioned that when she put the link up ?
im sure she will come on and clear it up , but you can understand why people may have got the impression she is trying to sell him again !
and to be honest its so nice that everyone cares !!

i noticed your post and maybe its that thought that made me notice what was in the advert.

i'm very hormornal at the moment with the twin hormones but this place sometimes just makes me cringe at how others are sooo quick to judge etc.
IF KC is now trying to sell him - thats questionable i agree and TBH - risky considering the passport/ownership issues.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I would want his teeth checked before anything else, as I think I read somewhere the owner has wormed him. He would benefit from a blood test for tapeworm too.
I would base his value on slightly above meat money which makes him about £600, sorry but you are asking too much for a difficult to ride/in poor condition and with possible legal ownership issues 12 year old.
Go to any sale and you can pick horses up similar to him for less than even that price.
I still feel without a bill of sale you could be walking in a minefield selling him without actual ownership..

Weezy

Visit site
What happened with Trading Standards? And you have said before that you have absolutely NO idea how old he is and that you are not going to apply for a passport as you don't want to fork out more money - so HAVE you had him aged and DOES he have a passport now?

Bedlam

Visit site
I've said before about this that if nobody wants the horse and you can't sell it, then the responsible thing to do is to dispatch it in what ever way you find the most acceptable.

The people that don't do this are the people responsible for the Amersham horses in my opinion.

Might not be popular, but it's the right thing to do.

keeperscottage

Visit site
As in my above reply, I am giving him away, I merely posted the link so you could see how I described him in the ad. I asked more for him that the amount I loaned S in an attempt to recoup some of the money I have spent on him over the past few months, Don't forget, he was sold to M in the summer for £3,500. I went out earlier this evening, and after I went out I thought my might confuse people (it has!) but I have only just got home so I've obviously confused a lot of people over the evening - my mistake!

keeperscottage

Visit site
Please read my earlier post - I put the link to the ad to show what I'd said about him. I AM giving him away. Why am I being slagged off here - I'm the one who was trying to help out a neighbour and have been completely $hit upon! Try putting yourself in my position!

keeperscottage

Visit site
I'm repling to everyone who has posted on this (omitting some of the regulars moaners who think they are perfect!). He is not being sold, I am giving him away. The Project Horse ad link was there so you could see a description of him. My neighbour will never put her hand in her pocket and I cannot afford to keep him - I have enough horses of my own. He has to go. I should just publish her phone number and let her get all the grief!!!!!

keeperscottage

Visit site
Getting a bit fed up reply individually to all these posts now (2.30am). He IS free to a good home and as for trying to capitalise......please don't make me laugh! I'm to one who (taking into consideration his keep since last summer) is almost £2,000 out of pocket! And as for greed........I'm speechless!

keeperscottage

Visit site
Thank goodness.......someone with a brain!!!!! Yes, he is free and I'm really hurt and upset by people accusing me of being greedy and trying to capitalise on Benji - for God sake, I'm the mug who has lost almost £2,000!

keeperscottage

Visit site
Trading Standards have been useless. I have never said I had no idea how old he is and I would like you to point out to me where I have said this. To complicate matters further, when my friend took him off my hands for several weeks whilst she had a spare stable, another livery at the yard recognised him as previously belonging to a friend of her's and subsequently produced photographs of him with her friend riding him. I asked to be put in touch with this livery and spoke to her at length on the phone one evening. She said her friend had really loved Benji but he was unsuitable for her young children to ride and she sold him to what she believed to be (and I quote) "a loving, permanent home" - a riding school to the north of London (this is probably the Hemel Hempstead dealer from whom M purchased him since the dealer's mother runs a riding school alongside the dealing yard). I asked for the former owner's name and phone number but she refused to give me the details because her friend would be too upset to know what had happened to him. She also confirmed he DEFINITELY had a passport when he was sold. Getting a bit fed up with people trying to trip me up. How would YOU feel if you'd lost this sum of money and the woman next door, to whom you had made the loan, had completely wriggled out of her responsibilities? Okay, so I was an idiot not to get anything in writing from her, but unfortunately, I'm too trusting and think everyone is as honest as I am - which is why I have been very upset by what has been said about me in the posts of this thread.

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm the one who was trying to help out a neighbour and have been completely $hit upon!

[/ QUOTE ]
I totally agree, as I believe the vast majority of people on here will also agree, that you have indeed been treated badly by your supposed friends. That does not excuse the condition of the horse at this time though. When you agree to take over care of an animal, that's exactly what you should do for it - care for it.

[ QUOTE ]
Try putting yourself in my position!

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt I am alone in saying that I have been in your position....and still am. I have a couple of horses here, whose owners, having fallen on hard times, have not paid for their horses for over a year. I can also tell you that their horses look as fabulous as every other horse on my farm. I agreed to care for these horses at the time and I have no doubt that one day the owners will get themselves back on their feet and pay their bills, but until then, their horses will remain safe and well cared for here.

Tia

Visit site
Strange; OFT have always been really quick off the mark when I have contacted them about anything and the situations have been resolved within days.

I thought you said you had applied for a passport months ago? Have you not received the replacement passport for Benji yet?

Tharg

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Like earlier, he is being given away. However, (and I repeat myself), he was sold for £3,500 last summer!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What he was bought for in the past has no bearing on what he is worth now.

If you are 'giving him away' why is there a price tag in the advert?

_jetset_

Visit site
Tharg, I think KC has made it perfectly obvious, at one point she was thinking of selling him, hence the price on the advert. However now, KC has decided the best thing for him would be to give him away to a good home... I think that is a lovely decision to make, putting the horse first!

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
I understand about the advert being old and now you are giving him away, which I think is the best thing for him, BUT I stil dont get why he looks so bad
confused.gif

My 7/8ths TB is out now as had far too much energy, and I have manged to get him to gain weight since turning him out, this is a horse that cant eat cereals/suger etc and is in full work, so there is no excuse for benji looking so thin IMO.

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain your comment, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

economical with the truth.......the picture in the ad doesn't show how he is now.....i'd thought that was self explainatory, wouldnt you dear?

and the worming comment...also self explainatory, yes?

and can you explain WHY i'm the only one to have the need to explain MYSELF? I'm not the one trying to sell a horse that is underweight, has several issues regarding riding/vices and that may or may not have a passport???

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think that is a lovely decision to make, putting the horse first!

[/ QUOTE ]

by depriving him of a decent worming programme and forage???
confused.gif

Lovely!!!!

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
(omitting some of the regulars moaners who think they are perfect!).

[/ QUOTE ]
you'd do well by listening to these folk......as you don't seem to be doing too well by listening to only those you agree with......