Beris bits

Foxfolly

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone has any experience with these bits?

My boy is quite sensitive in his mouth and is currently in a Sprenger Duo D-ring snaffle, I have no issue with him but want to buy another as this was an ebay bargain at under £10 and although it is good is probably a little small.

I was very surprised when I found that it would cost me £110 + for another sprenger, he likes the D ring and isn't keen on a loose ring. He has also had a Nathe fulmer which again he liked but chewed through it. I am not keen on happy mouth as I find him a bit fussier in them, possibly as they are a bit harder and when chewed I find they become a bit sharp.

I've been googling to try and find second hand nathe or sprenger duo bits without much luck and stumbled accross the beris bits which although are still expensive they are a fair bit cheaper than Nathe and Sprenger. I like the idea that you can get different flexibility in the mouth pieces too. but really I just want to know if anyone has used them and how they stand up compared with others.

KatB

Visit site
They're a very good alternative to nathes and feel very similar (well the soft one does!) They're made from pure rubber I believe too, so should be pretty durable :) I won't be hesitating to get one if I need an alternative to the nathe bits she currently uses, as can't justify paying nathe prices!

vam

Visit site
The only thing i noticed when i looked at them is that they are thicker than Nathe, this may or may not be a problem depending on you horse. The soft compound ones are good and feel very similar to Nathe thou.