Berks and bucks drag hounds, does anyone here hunt with them?

Girlracer

Visit site
I am thinking of taking Major drag hunting this season and it seems these guys are pretty local.

I was also wondering how easily do you think i could find someone who could give me a lift as my transport is off the road currently (and will be for the forseeable future!!!) but want to get out soon. Just looked and the Highworth meet on the 29th isn't far from me....

I've been fox hunting plenty but what should i expect from this?

Sparkles

Visit site
I've been with them! I keep meaning to go again.

They're lovely and very fun! Though make sure your horse [and you!] is very fit as it is fast paced....much more fast paced than fox hunting I found. Probably because you're on each line just going constantly.....so yeah, make sure you're fit for it! I went at ones near the start of the season on my horse who I thought was fit enough....and he could have done with being a bit fitter ideally.

star

Visit site
i have been out with them several times in between my usual pack the Sandhurst drag and also the Kent and Surrey bloodhounds. They normally jump a good mixture of timber and hedges with the timber normally being nice, solidly built sturdy stuff. It is fast. Draghunting much faster than bloodhounds or fox packs. You get a good rest in between lines though. I will hopefully be out again with them at Highclere Castle in Feb.

kirsty 1

Visit site
i hunt every sunday with them and will be going to highworth unfortunatly have no room to give u a lift iam sure that if you email the hunt u might be looky enought to get a lift. highworth is a great meet with lots of big hedges it is 1 of the bigger meets so i hope you enjoy big jumping hope to see you there