Bespoke riding boots

frazzled

Visit site
Am thinking of getting my daughter a pair of bespoke boots for her 18th birthday. Would like to try and get a pair which, if taken care of ,should last many years. Does anyone have experiences good or bad of different makes. She has had a pair of broginis which have lasted about 4 years but are now looking less than smart for competing in. Or if anyone can recommend off the peg boots but really good quality I would be very grateful.

FireFly29

Visit site
Someone I know has a couple of pairs of Celeris bespoke boots that are really lovely.
I've seen quite a few people rate them on forums and other Facebook groups too.
They start at £470 I think.

Nicnac

Visit site
Daughter just got her Celeris (belated Christmas present from the family) and they are fabulous.

frazzled

Visit site
Ooh good , had looked at the Celeris and they were my first choice. Glad to hear they are lovely especially as whilst expensive not as terrifying as some! Thank you

amage

Visit site
I got a pair of Parlantis for my 21st birthday. I will be 30 this year and they are still going strong and still look super. I have sent them back twice in those 9 years for a bit of refurb where they stripped down all the polish and buffed them up, reheeled & resoled, New zips (each time putting in the newer, stronger Parlanti zip) The last time I sent them they also replaced the silver parlanti tags with new ones as the older ones were scratched etc after many years. Obviously you don't have to send them back to Parlanti for that work but I just found where I live I was going to have to post them somewhere to get the work done in a quality manner so May as well post them to Italy as anywhere else. No breaking in, no softening needed just put them on and go. If and when I ever do wear these out then I will be going for Parlanti again

Newlands

Visit site
I have had my m2m De Niros for 6 or 7 years and they are still in perfect condition and so so comfortable. I am not the best at looking after things either

old hand

Visit site
No recommendations, mine are Konig and very good quality but kill my feet. Not their fault but mine. I had my feet measured outside at a show on a very cold day, apparently your feet get a lot smaller. So have them measured when her feet are warm so that doesn't happen to her. I have had them stretched but they just have not given enough.

frazzled

Visit site
Old hand , have taken note and will make sure her feet are warm. For those of you with Celeris what type do you have and what leather finish? Am a bit overwhelmed they all look so gorgeous.

Escapade

Visit site
Another vote for Celeris! I got mine two years ago and they are the comfiest boots I've ever worn, right from the get go. Mine are Diogo in light brown, so they're not suitable for competing obviously, but they are fantastic and are aging very well! They have an unbelievable amount of custom options too, I really can't fault their service.

hellspells

Visit site
I've got polo in chocolate brown with patent mock croc straps. I Was totally overwhelmed by all the options too. But Cate was very helpful! I had orginally wanted tan colour but wanted contrasting straps, but this looked so good together!
I'm so so impressed with the whole lot. Love my boots!

Nicnac

Visit site
Diogo in matt black with grey/black patent tops and toes. Having ridden in them twice she can't get over how much more her foot and ankle are supported compared to her Sergio Grassis (which are, in fairness, 9 years old)

Crabbypink

Visit site
Celeris. I bought some last Autumn, and they are beautiful. I bought Hugo lace field boots, plain box calf leather in black. At £470, they aren't cheap, but worth every penny! And because they are made to measure, they fit. Absolutely.

FireFly29

Visit site
I've ordered some but they aren't due to arrive for another 4 weeks.
I was going to just get plain boots but with all the choice I've ended up going for black boots with patent tops and toes.
I can't wait till they arrive!
:)