Best 12v leisure battery energisers

cblover

Visit site
Morning all,

I’m after some recommendations for a good battery energiser please. I sold my fence stuff a couple of years ago but need it again now.
Plus where is the best place to buy a leisure battery from? They seem very expensive. Thanks ?

Hipo

Visit site
I have a voss energiser , it’s been good and reliable. Husband did lots of research before buying it.
Bought the battery online, they are all expensive. I also have a car battery so I can swap them over while leisure battery is charging.

rextherobber

Visit site
I've gt an ancient Hotshock Gemini , I think it's called, I just used it with an ordinary car battery, lasted for weeks, so long as fence wasn't earthing out with hedge or grass touching it.

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
I bought my latest batteries from Mole Valley, before that went to Halfords but prefer Mole Valley as they sell them specifically for fencers.
I think my fencer is an Electric Shepherd but an ancient one, about 30 yrs old.

July dreamer

Visit site
Haven't looked for leisure batteries but have bought 2 batteries for the cars from Tayna batteries, found them competitive and have next day delivery.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
I got my leisure batteries from Halfords, they're fine and not a bad price. I have a couple of old car batteries too as spares, but the leisure batteries certainly last longer.

For the energiser, I love my StockShop Mosquitos (Wolsley BX140). No separate earth stake, easy to store and move around with the fence posts, good strong fence (kept our bull in), and I like it having the line indicator light as well as the battery light - you can easily check the fence in the evening. I got my 2 from Screwfix.

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I have a Voss. I contacted the company for advice and received a very timely and useful response. They recommended a mid range battery/mains energiser for my size operation and it arrived in Ireland very quickly.