Best air vest?

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
My parents have said they want me to get an air vest now I have started doing more XC and jumping with Kasper and have plans for a very busy summer.

Was wondering which vests are the best. Point Two, Hit Air, etc?

Experiences greatly received.

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
I was at Beta last Monday at the NEC (British Equestrian Trade Fair) I spoke in depth to one lady who was demonstrating this

http://www.walktrotcanterltd.com/usg-flexi-equiairbag/

apparently it's the only equestrian air vest that is certified CE, I thought their competitors were but they aren't.
I didn't leave it there and spoke to a consultant emergency medicine at south London nhs trust who works alongside Beta and the Medical Equestrian Association, he told me that just because something is CE marked doesn't mean it's passed a safety standard, (why bother to mark it then!)
He also told me that he is investigating air vests and how they perform and ways to improve them as well as some dangers.
Unfortunately they are all adaptations of the motor bike system, which now does have a standard. But they are a long way off having one for equestrian use, although point 2 did get SATRA to develop one in their favour, maybe they are the best ones to ask?

www.satra.co.uk

Bear this in mind when you search for the best air vest.
Hope it helps, Oz

Stroppy Mare

Visit site
Hit air for me - I tried a P2 on last year and had it inflated and despite being an adult medium and on its largest setting and me being a size 8/10 it winded me and hurt like buggery. They also have a bayonet type fitting for the canisters, and I know many members on here have expressed concerns over the security of the plastic clip. If you want a P2, look into the helite which has the original twist fitting for the canister.

Now the hit air - it inflates out wards rather than inwards so fits neater on to the body without squeezing the body on inflation. It also sold me on the fact that I plan to hack in it, I wouldn't want to get caught on a low branch! It's also cheaper, and looks neater on the body - it has better neck and coccyx protection too.

Equestriangirl123

Visit site
Point two , I've got one and I love it ! I've never experienced the feeling of being squashed in a painful way so I would suggest anyone who has that it hasn't been fitted correctly !

My first fall in it involved my horse falling down and me pelting to the ground I got up immediately , everyone was shocked that I wasn't winded or in any pain , can highly reccomend