Best anatomical long girth?

whirlwind

Visit site
Hi any any recommendations for a good anatomical girth? Have been using the collegiate one up until recently and was happy with the way it sat but it’s a plasticy material which is now after 6 or so months beginning to crack. Needs to be fairly shaped as horse has a very forward girth groove and (well fitting!) saddle has a tendency to slip forward onto the shoulders with a normal girth. Less expensive the better although happy to pay for something that will be well wearing and long lasting. Thanks

Wheels

Visit site
I love the sheepskin ones made by mattes - there are a few different ones depending on the shape you require.

Christ lamfelle also come a close 2nd

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I’ve got a Fairfax bought second hand on one horse which fits well and doesn’t rub. I have a Prolite on the other but it rubbed despite giving better elbow clearance so I’ve had to put a girth cover on it. The edges are not as padded of rounded as the leather Fairfax.

mini_b

Visit site
I asked this question the other week! Prolite came out top of the recommendations so I went for it. Really pleased, fits great on deep/forward girth groove Irish something.

Nuumed make covers for them, but I’ve not found it rubs. May be different once clipped.

whirlwind

Visit site
Ok so bought the prolite, fits great and the saddle hasn’t moved but after a few rides he’s got small rubs come up ? what’s the best cover? Lemieux only seem to do ones that fit the short prolite/fairfax that I can see but I might just be being dense

taraj

Visit site
Apologies for bringing up an older post but wondering how you are getting on now with the prolite? Is it still rubbing?
Horse needs a new girth and has a very forward girth grove so looking at the anatomical girths. He is also pink skinned so don't want anything that will rub.

whirlwind

Visit site
Apologies for bringing up an older post but wondering how you are getting on now with the prolite? Is it still rubbing?
Horse needs a new girth and has a very forward girth grove so looking at the anatomical girths. He is also pink skinned so don't want anything that will rub.
I’m currently using it with a wide sheepskin girth sleeve I found lurking in the tack room and no more rubs. Ideally I wouldn’t need one but it doesn’t seem to reduce the stability and I was loathe to resell cheap/ abandon a girth id just spent £90 on! ?