Best balancer for pony prone to laminitis.

Shay

Visit site
What are you trying to provide? Something specific or just a broad range of vits & mins? Most balancers are low calorie.

Lintel

Visit site
I used topspec antilam or lite when I didn't have "full" control over what he ate- we were on a very titbitty yard .. Was fairly impossible to stop!
Now that we are at home he is on suregrow as it contains everything I need without the £££ more!

Boysy

Visit site
I use Baileys Lo-Cal for all of mine, one is EMS and this suits him fine. I did use the TopSpec range some time ago but found it too expensive to be honest and so did some research and went with the Baileys, they have been on this for years now without problems.

I add Cinnamon to the EMS pony to stabilise/increase his metabolism and it really has helped him and me control the weight issue.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Topspec ingredients list is not great and plenty find that their non lami horses go footy on it.

Things have developed a bit since formula4feet/farriers formula were developed and they both contain iron.

amandaco2

Visit site
I use forage plus for my mare. had lami about 5 yrs ago.
avoid anything with iron in...anything with soya....fillers like wheat...
most commercial feed companies use these ingredients... Id also avoid alfalfa. a lot of horses go footy on it and there is evidence it contributes to mechanical ulcers

amandaco2

Visit site
I use forage plus for my mare. had lami about 5 yrs ago.
avoid anything with iron in...anything with soya....fillers like wheat...
most commercial feed companies use these ingredients... Id also avoid alfalfa. a lot of horses go footy on it and there is evidence it contributes to mechanical ulcers