Best balancer or other for feet

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
I'm not a fan of balancers, seem expensive and my horses never look any different condition wise so I don't really see the point but...... probably need something to help my tb's feet going forward if the winters are going to be more mild and wet. I've never had any issues until this year. What is best to feed for feet please?

Quigleyandme

Visit site
Science Supplements 4Feet or Farrier’s Formula are two supplements I’ve used with great success for a TIH with woeful feet. I don’t know of a balancer specifically targeting hoof health and if that is your horse’s only issue I would be inclined to try a supplement instead. It is very wet where I live and I use iodine in a spray bottle on my horses’ soles, especially the frog and bars, a couple of times a week. It’s an inexpensive and effective treatment for most wet weather issues.

Bellalily

Visit site
As I have one with Cushings, I’ve been feeding Cushease to both (the other is elderly and lami prone). Went to quickly run the rasp round yesterday and the growth has been amazing. Just at the end of their second tub. I shall have to restart trimming weekly!

lynz88

Visit site
What's in Cushease? I can't find much about it. Mine doesn't have cushings but am always open to seeing what else is out there.

Jambarissa

Visit site
You could also consider topical solutions.

I'm a fan of Kevin bacon cream in the summer to keep them supple and stop them getting too dry or too wet. I'm convinced it's mainly lard so made my own last year (lard, oil, some anti fungal essential oils) which worked well.

Lots of good alternatives from Red Horse, I really rate their products.

Highmileagecob

Visit site
I started using Equilibra years ago, as the omega 3 content was a possible support for lung function. Surprise, surprise his feet started to improve, although I did change to a barefoot trimmer around the same time. Have kept on with both balancer and trimmer and am happy with his feet in general. Before Equilibra I used Formula4Feet, and didn't see what I see now.

SmartieBean09

Visit site
My horse doesn’t have feet issues but does have skin problems and sometimes what’s needed for skin is good for the feet and vice versa. I’m a huge fan of Dodson and Horrell Go Lite.

lynz88

Visit site
I started using Equilibra years ago, as the omega 3 content was a possible support for lung function. Surprise, surprise his feet started to improve, although I did change to a barefoot trimmer around the same time. Have kept on with both balancer and trimmer and am happy with his feet in general. Before Equilibra I used Formula4Feet, and didn't see what I see now.

I'm giving Equilibra a try with high hopes. It would save me quite a few £££ per year if it works vs the Forage Plus. GWF suggested also combining with Farriers Aid which I may give a try as well depending on how things go.

SO1

Visit site
I have just started Bert on the feedmark super saver vitamins and minerals. Bert has had trouble with his hooves due to wet weather. His previous owner just feed him grass and hay so I thought I would start with a basic balancer and see how that goes.

Caol Ila

Visit site
One of my horse hates Progressive Earth supplements, no matter what I try to hide it in.

I'd love something as good that she doesn't hate.

Surbie

Visit site
Forageplus hoof&skin vits and mins for mine. Each time I go skinflinty and take him off it I get 9 months grace as it all grows down and then am rewarded by cr*ppy hoof wall.