Best balencers?

zoelouisem

Visit site
Please tell me what you think is the best balencers and why. Especially for competitions ponies/horses that need help with weight.
Thanks 😊

Trakehner92

Visit site
I have my horse on the Top Spec comprehensive balancer. It's helped keep his weight all winter and has everything else he needs. Top Spec are really helpful if you ring them for advice too and they send you loads of information about their products and money off vouchers :)

First Flame

Visit site
I had great results with Blue Chip Pro on my 20yr advanced dressage horse that needed a little help with weight/topline. She started to drop off a little behind the saddle (always been a natural fatty) but the Blue Chip Pro and correct work soon had her looking great :).

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
I spoke with top spec at Yorkshire show last year. At the time it was July, horse was looking poor due to bad grazing and haylage. I started on the senior balancer and said to myself if I didn't notice any difference I would take him off it. Horse has never coming out of winter looking so well ( he's a tb) so I'll keep him on it. For his weight it works out £1 a day which isn't cheap... But not too bad as in summer, hopefully that will be all he gets (with a bit of grass or chop to mix in)

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
Top spec comprehensive balancer was recommended to me by vet school but I ve used baileys local balancer for years and even when my mare was starved and really poorly she had the shiniest coat and outwardly looked really well.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
Unless you know what's in your grazing etc you don't know what you need.

My grazing is very high iron and low copper which goes against most balancers, in fact when I had them on topspec before I had the grazing looked at, they were never right but couldn't pin point it, just lack off energy. Blood test showed the problem and all the products have far far to much iron for the average uk grazing. I use advance complete now by equimins who has take this on board and it has no iron and high copper levels.

The yard down the road also had their grazing looked at after mine even though none off the horses had problems and again these balancers would have thrown certain minerals completely out. U can totally mess things up by added such products without knowing what your horse actually needs!

I really wouldnt feed a general bagged feed without looking at what they are receiving via grass/hay etc else u could be totally unbalancing things.

BSL

Visit site
Top spec comprehensive balancer. Have used it for years, Shetland and arab. Don't give quite as much as recommended on bag, but horses/ponies always in superb condition, and farrier always says how fantastic their feet are, (no shoes).