Best beach for riding on in North West

debbielinder

Visit site
I like to go to either Ainsdale Beach or Life boat road beach which is just 5 minutes down the coast. Ainsdale is the most accessible as you park right on the beach you do have to pay unless you get there very early before the staff are on the gate. But this car park does close during the winter and during high tides. lifeboat road is a tarmack car park set back behind the sand dunes so you do have the negotiate these to actually get onto the beach. but i have never paid when i have parked here and its open all year round.

KautoStar1

Visit site
I didn't know you could still ride on Ainsdale beach, thought they'd stopped parking on there too.

I've only ever taken dog to Formby and if didn't look particularly horse friendly.

I've also got talacre and Thurleston on the list but need to check out parking

Where can I park for Hoylake?

Thanks

scats

Visit site
I didn't know you could still ride on Ainsdale beach, thought they'd stopped parking on there too.

I've only ever taken dog to Formby and if didn't look particularly horse friendly.

I've also got talacre and Thurleston on the list but need to check out parking

Where can I park for Hoylake?

Thanks

A little further down the prom, towards Meols, there is a large grassy verge set back off the road with houses on the other side. I park here and unload/tie up onto the grass (it's big, not like a thin grass verge, more like a small field). It's quiet here, you are set back off the road and it's not busy. Then it's literally a 3-4 minute hack up the prom to Hoylake lifeboat station and I get on the beach there. If you google map it you'll see what I mean, but I can take a picture later if you like as I take the dog here most days.

debbielinder

Visit site
I went to ainsdale 2 weeks ago now got there at 7.30 am, not a soul about it was brilliant although it did look like some eager beaver had been there with horses before me. The care takers start turning up about 9. So you have to pay once they are there. I think its £10 for a horse box. I do like that you can park on the beach there as you can see the lorrys as your riding. But if you go to lifeboat road there is hacking through the national trust squirrel reserve aswell.

KautoStar1

Visit site
I went to Hurlstaton. Lovely area and Wirral way very nice, easy parking etc but beach not really suitable for horses. Way too pebbly and rocky. We walked the length and back and it was a super day and pony enjoyed the sea air (even though sea so far out you couldn't see it) but won't go back there for beach riding.

Laika

Visit site
St Annes beach is fantastic! A lot of room to go for a gallop... you could even end up in Blackpool (if you really fancied it).

Sand dunes galore!