Best black hoof shine?

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I love covering my horses in shine sprays and hoof polishes, but am struggling to find a black hoof polish that stays on! I put it on completely dry and give it 20mins before the horse steps out of the stable, sometimes use two coats but it still doesn't stay on at all. I've seen horses at shows with shiny black feet all day long, on wet grass and I wish I'd thought to ask what they use! But I have the memory of a sieve and always forget to. I have used NAF paint it polish and thought it was ok as long as the foot was completely dry, but still tends to leave a matte blue finish after an hour or so. I just bought Absorbine Supershine and although it looks briliant at first, it came off in a dry arena and could hardly tell it was there after 30 mins (but the showsheen spray is good!). So what is this magical stuff people use that stays on all day? I don't expect it to stay on out hunting in wet conditions but it would be nice to have a little black shine left on for a while!
TIA

Smooshy

Visit site
I use the absorbine black hoof polish. I apply black effol on the wall and sole the night before. Then absorbine before travelling. Stays shiny for the majority of the day. May reapply for an evening performance.

Floxie

Visit site
Does Supreme dry like a varnish (as Absorbine does) or stay wet? I like Absorbine because the arena surface doesn't stick to it - but I like the sound of the 'moisturising' claims that Supreme makes!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
From a killjoy point of view, bare in mind the varnish, regardless of make, is crap for feet and farriers hate the stuff. As do judges, especially when an owner has plastered back varnish over white feet.

Floxie

Visit site
(True, but I much prefer it to fluffy-arena feet for the odd bit of stressage :D Plus we have ermine spots, so can't really avoid having black feet with white socks..!)

druid

Visit site
Absorbine black supershine, let it dry then spray On The Hoof over the top (from Horse Health)

nikkimariet

Visit site
Absorbine. Don't need to remove either the clear or the black. It does wear off once they go back to turnout after competing or whatever. I've never bothered removing it.

HBB

Visit site
Thanks nikki, it seems to be "welded" on, 2 weeks and it still hasn't come off. I don't like the look, I prefer Sablene, so really want it removed asap.