best body brush/grooming range?

cob&onion

Visit site
Looking for recomendations for quality grooming brushes, would like a large body brush,maybe with a leather back or wooden?, something that is going to last a long time. Do a fair bit of grooming and my cheap brushes always seem to break at the handle straps :rolleyes:
Has anyone used either one of the curved body brushes or what about the john whitaker range?

http://www.discount-equestrian.co.uk/horse-care/john-whitaker-bean-body-brush.html

niagaraduval

Visit site
I agree about good brushes, they may seem expensive but I bought a set of oster brushes about 5 years ago and still look brand new. The hoof pick is the best !!

I also have bought wooden backed ones with leather straps and real pig and goat bristles. Def worth the money they last for ever and look beautiful. I'm saving up for a new goat hair brush for my grooming box, you can get them off ebay, I have a german one but I can't remember the name, stubben do good ones too.

cob&onion

Visit site
Am really liking the equerry range too, the goats hair brushes look lovely.
Does anyone know if the goats hair ones are any good for a through good grooming session or are they too soft/more of a finishing brush?!

gryff

Visit site
Love my oster brushes. They really fit your hand nicely. I've put mine in the washing machine too, and they've come out lovely. I've got the John Whittaker brushes for my other horse - I'm not so fond of them - they don't seem to get into the coat like the oster ones do. I'm currently lusting after a set of borstiq brushes though...

gryff

Visit site
Forgot to say, look on the Mole Valley website for the John Whittaker range - they were very good value when I got mine.