Best Brush for Rotties?

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
I've been using the rake thingy that I use for the GSD. Didn't expect it to work, but it does surprisingly well and they seem to enjoy it and like to help :D

Issue being it's not really suited to the more tender parts and I should find something else, preferably something that doesn't get haired up in nano seconds.

Any suggestions folks?

Cahill

Visit site
my rottie seems to be self cleaning :)

i do have a furminater but feel it is too fine.
most loose undercoat seems to work back to his trousers (or should i say shorts?) so i sometimes use it there.
best thing i use is a person hair brush,the sort with plastic tines set in a cushion.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
not rotties but with both of mine I use a Kong zoom groom-its like a soft rubber curry comb but with long pointy bits-they both love it. then the smooth gets finished with a grooming stone.

Clodagh

Visit site
MOC - would that be good for a spaniel? I deally I want something just to get her used to grooming now but being fairly tight one brush that will do all ages would be better.
I don't want to use any trimming or hair removing tools as I hope the brambles will do that for me.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site

millikins

Visit site
I used to hoover my rottie cross :) She loved it, in fact it was difficult to hoover anything else as she'd put herself under the nozzle.

Clodagh

Visit site
dunno in a word :) It does a good job on Quarrie but he's not that hairy really-chest and trousers are the hairiest bits. I personally dislike furminators-they are prone to tugging and cutting the hair from when I tried one. the zoom is soft and does seem to loosen old hair-not sure how it would do on proper tangles though.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/...MIpeillsn12QIVy7_tCh1RVQ0QEAQYASABEgI1I_D_BwE

Well for a fiver I can take the gamble! She will only have feathers and ears, the rest should be quite short. I suspect I will need some sort of comb for picking the burrs out, ultimately.

Clodagh

Visit site
I used to hoover my rottie cross :) She loved it, in fact it was difficult to hoover anything else as she'd put herself under the nozzle.

LOL! Two of the labs deem the hoover to be the killer beast from Hell and go and hide. One ignores it. The spaniel puppy (who I suspect may be part terrier) attacks it.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Thank you all :)

I admit I've been tempted by the hoover..., and/or a rubber curry comb :)

Are there attachments one can get to go on a hoover nozzle I wonder... Could do with one when the GSD's coat blooms or whatever the blooming moult is called! Hairy beastie.

cbmcts

Visit site
Thank you all :)

I admit I've been tempted by the hoover..., and/or a rubber curry comb :)

Are there attachments one can get to go on a hoover nozzle I wonder... Could do with one when the GSD's coat blooms or whatever the blooming moult is called! Hairy beastie.

If you have a dyson, there are :) Have a look on Amazon.

All my rotts except one - who was corrupted by the neurotic JRT - loved being hoovered. Current one demanded a hoover from Henry by throwing his 54kgs on the floor in front of it at the vets one evening, provided much amusement for staff and clients.

ETA I also use a shedding blade at moulting time - even a dyson object to that much hair...

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
If you have a dyson, there are :) Have a look on Amazon.

All my rotts except one - who was corrupted by the neurotic JRT - loved being hoovered. Current one demanded a hoover from Henry by throwing his 54kgs on the floor in front of it at the vets one evening, provided much amusement for staff and clients.

ETA I also use a shedding blade at moulting time - even a dyson object to that much hair...

Thank you. Now have wonderful image :D

Have a Miele and a Henry. Will go Amazon.

I hope they'll like it..., though one was scared of a recycle bin thing the other day, so who knows!