Best brushing boots for short, very cobby legs?

wormhugs

Visit site
One of my friends at my yard bought her 14.3 heavy weight cob some Woof Wear brushing boots last night- large for the front and extra large for the hinds.
The large didnt go round his front legs and the extra large were too long for front or back. Can anyone recommend brushing boots suitable for fairly short, but very wide leggies please?
Thankies
laugh.gif

x

wormhugs

Visit site
Oh they are
grin.gif

Bless him! They are the only ones she has tried, the X-large went round his legs, but he wouldnt have been able to bend his knees as they were too long
tongue.gif

Do these makes do special cobby short ones? May have a mooch later!
Ta
x

EarlGrey

Visit site
At the moment I'm using Woof Wear boots on mine. Only just go round so I reinforce the velcro with tape. They don't appear too long on mine because he wears them very low. He knocks his back joints quite badly, so any extra length is covering his joints. Haven't found any boots for joints yet that will fit him. Sausage boots just rub him.
I know this isn't any help but it will be interesting to hear what other people use for their short, chunky legged cobs!

wormhugs

Visit site
QR: thanks all!!
You are right Solveig about the bullet deflecion properties!!!
I asked her about whether he needs them and she said that she is going to be doing more jumping with him and just wanted to give him some all round protection. Also he suffers from mites and has his legs trimmed, so he wont have any hairy protection either.
Sounds like there is a real gap in the market, although I will suggest the ones that you have all mentioned!
laugh.gif

ladyt25

Visit site
Mayube don't bother with boots to be honest. I do a fair bit of jumping on mine, I just wear ovvereach boots SJ as I am convinced mine ac tually doesn't like his tendon boots, he jumps better without them. I do wear tendon boots for x-country but don't wear anything on the hind legs and my horse does a fair bit of competing at a decent level. He has been fine in the last 13 years!

You don't HAVE to wear boots unless you feel your horse is more prone to injuring himself (ie conformational problems that could increase the chance of brushing). If your friend only wants boots for jumping i would suggest open fronted tendon boots as oposed to brushing boots anyway. Pro lite do some biggish ones of these (although length wise they may be a bit long)

wormhugs

Visit site
I totally agree with you LadyT. I think she just wanted to do the 'right' thing by popping boots on him, but if she is just going to be jumping in the school he will probably be just fine without!
wink.gif