Best budget bridle make

Serianas

Visit site
I have decided I need a new bridle this year and have been looking at requisite. I loathe to pay a big price as I dont use a noseband, but my current one has, as they say 'had it'.

Any reccomendations very welcome :)

flaxen

Visit site
I use shires salisbury range. They are nice quality and smart enough for everyday or competition use. They have a range of nosebands available and come with reins for less than £50.

lottiepony

Visit site
My horses first bridle was a 'gallop' one and lasted years and only cost £20.00 :)
Or check ebay my currently bridle is a lovely English leather one which I paid about £15.00 for, thats of course if you don't mind second hand!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
We have recently (well about 8 months ago) bought two fairly budget price bridles. One which looks quite smart was a GFS comfort bridle which was £60 and just refuses to soften up at all, to the point the noseband buckle is a nightmare to fasten and we cant get it through the keepers at all!
The other was a Heritage comfort bridle which was pliable from day one and is going strong. Does a dirty days hunting then cleans up nice enough for dressage. Its soft and lovely, I was very impressed although I've hear them have bit of a slating on here I think?! I'm going to purchase another one.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Kincade synthetic bridle absolutely love mine, if it gets wet or muddy it just goes in the washing machine, 5 years old now and still looks good :) the rubber reins are quite prone to wear and tear but bridle itself is excellent for lazy people like me.

Embo

Visit site
The other was a Heritage comfort bridle which was pliable from day one and is going strong. Does a dirty days hunting then cleans up nice enough for dressage. Its soft and lovely, I was very impressed although I've hear them have bit of a slating on here I think?! I'm going to purchase another one.

I've got a Heritage bridle, too. For the price, I think it's really good quality. The only issue I have is that the strap on the noseband has gone a little 'frayed' (not sure how else to describe it??). Mind you, it is a crank noseband, so has to go through 2 buckles, so slightly extra wear... still going strong though, and once cleaned it comes up (almost) like new.

I want to get another one as I got the first in brown for my previous horse. New horse has inherited it but his wardrobe is black... but I don't want a crank noseband, they don't seem to do a plain cavesson or hunter bridle with a comfort headpiece.

wench

Visit site
I tend to get what ever is second hand off eBay at the cheapest price. Once got a sabre bridle for less than £15 inc postage

shmoo

Visit site
I wanted a fine bridle for my daughters TB and bought a new Horseware one from ebay (?) it was around £30-£40 and is great, wearing very well and looks the business :O)

Dusty85

Visit site
I got a GFS comfort one that is pretty good, but in agree it doesn't really soften.

I also picked up a Derby house one in the sale for about £15, it's not been near a horse yet but it's lovely and soft. Mine was delivered on time though!

TBB

Visit site
Holmestead is selling Stubben bridles for 69.99 euros, is this a bargain or are there different priced ranges within the Stubben "family"?

Serianas

Visit site
Thanks everyone! I need leather as we are wanting to do dressage this year and i think he would look rather dapper :)

For now Im going to replace the cheek pieces as they are the most badly worn... just got visions of this bridle ending up like Triggers broom from Only Fools and Horses.

Mixedbag

Visit site
Ha ha, I've got a "Triggers broom" bridle, bought a nice Jeffries one, replaced the headpiece with a comfort one as the boy is a bit headshy, ex lge browband so that didn't pinch, new reins as originals got broken, now the cheekpieces have stretched ...

ihatework

Visit site
I'd keep an eye on BD classifieds and eBay - personally I'd rather spend money on top quality second hand than a budget brand new.