best budget tweed jacket?

Sheep

Visit site
Taking a step into the world of showing soon possibly so will need a jacket. Dont really want to spend a lot of money because I'm poor! Prefer a greenish shade. Any suggestions? As cheap as possible, unfortunately.. I know a really good one would be an investment, but not possible atm!

maisie06

Visit site
Taking a step into the world of showing soon possibly so will need a jacket. Dont really want to spend a lot of money because I'm poor! Prefer a greenish shade. Any suggestions? As cheap as possible, unfortunately.. I know a really good one would be an investment, but not possible atm!

I have a Shires huntingdon green tweed which is nice jacket for the summer, both smart and lightweight, I also have a lovely Caldene heavyweight tweed too, the Shires was £79 and has been used for showing and dressage and I really got my money's worth, the Caldene was £179 and I don't regret spending that amount, it's a beautiful cut and sits well - the only thing I regret is that they are both now sitting in a cupboard wasted as i don't ride much now!!

twobearsarthur

Visit site
I would look on eBay/preloved etc...
A second hand jacket that was expensive is usually better than a cheaper new jacket. (My mums words of wisdom)
I got a second hand showing time jacket that should have been £230 for £50. It had only been worn once!!!!

AmieeT

Visit site
Have a good look on eBay/Facebook.

I got mine (Shires Huntingdon) for £10 incl postage on a Facebook groups, because of the rips in the lining and missing buttons- Mama happens to be a tailoress :D repaired to better than new with own custom buttons :D

Ax